The Great State of Florida

d8alterego

Your opinion  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is Florida heading in the right direction?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

A recent article by Time highlights the various issues facing the state. Being a person who just moved down here a year ago from Michigan, I can tell you that one of my concerns, before moving here, was the cost of living. That perception turned out to be true. I do love this state for what it is, yet there seems to be a lot that needs to be done environmentally, economically, and socially to rebuild the great sunshine state.

From the article:

"We've got a water crisis, insurance crisis, environmental crisis and budget crisis to go with our housing crisis. We're first in the nation in mortgage fraud, second in foreclosures, last in high school graduation rates. Our consumer confidence just hit an all-time low, and our icons are in trouble--the citrus industry, battered by freezes and diseases; the Florida panther, displaced by highways and driveways; the space shuttle, approaching its final countdown. New research suggests that the Everglades is collapsing, that our barrier beaches could be under water within decades, that a major hurricane could cost us $150 billion."

"Greetings from Florida, where the winters are great!"

Monsoon, sorry if this is a "cut and paste" topic. I just thought it had some interesting relevance.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived