Who needs a pink slip?

Mij

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh so INS raided the court house today (I don't know what it's called, the one under the highway on Dyer Street, family services) and arrested most of the cleaning staff. Seems the state has been employing illegals. I'm sure Don had no idea when he fired the union workers they'd be replaced by illegals, no idea!

Oh so INS raided the court house today (I don't know what it's called, the one under the highway on Dyer Street, family services) and arrested most of the cleaning staff. Seems the state has been employing illegals. I'm sure Don had no idea when he fired the union workers they'd be replaced by illegals, no idea!

They were working in Garrahy it seems.

I just wish on a star that the state had a program whereby employers who did business with the state had to check the immigration status of workers...

huh, whassdat? Oooooh...

Seriously though, I'm so sick of immigration, is deporting a bunch of Maria's back to Madeira going to keep us safe?

I don't know if this is what this topic is about, but there's a proposal afoot to create three at-large members to Providence City Council, which could help shake things up and perhaps elect people with a broader perspective.

The Projo has painted this in very racial terms which I'm not convinced are the point, but here's their article anyway:

At-Large Council

There's a public hearing at 6 pm Monday July 21 at City Hall.

Archived