Britain's mystery bug

Cadeho

I read the story on Yahoo! first about a little bug stumping the experts at the Natural History Museum in London. The photo shown on Yahoo! looks to me like a box elder bug. We used to have a bunch of these every fall and we used to call then "red bugs." They can cover a whole side of a house like they did my neighbor's. When you have a lot of them together they really stink. They can be pretty fun to play with like I did when I was like 4 or 5. They're not like other bugs that just run aimlessly. They'll just turn around and watch whatever move you make. Has anyone else seen any of those bugs or any stories? Are they native to the US? I've only seen them here in Va. What do you think, is it a match?

Oh and here's their site's story.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read the story on Yahoo! first about a little bug stumping the experts at the Natural History Museum in London. The photo shown on Yahoo! looks to me like a box elder bug. We used to have a bunch of these every fall and we used to call then "red bugs." They can cover a whole side of a house like they did my neighbor's. When you have a lot of them together they really stink. They can be pretty fun to play with like I did when I was like 4 or 5. They're not like other bugs that just run aimlessly. They'll just turn around and watch whatever move you make. Has anyone else seen any of those bugs or any stories? Are they native to the US? I've only seen them here in Va. What do you think, is it a match?

Oh and here's their site's story.

Archived