Charlotte Critical Mass

fulcrumsf

I stipulate in the beginning that motorists can be just as much at fault as cyclists. Neither side is pure.

I was driving down East Blvd around 9pm last night. As I approached Big Daddy's I saw about a dozen cyclists literally all over the road. I slowed down thinking they did not see me and would move to the Bike lane designated for them on that stretch of East. But no they just kept on weaving around in front of me. I was in a festive Halloween mood and did not want to be a prick and honk or yell. So to get around them, I drove down the middle turn lane. I enjoy cycling and I know it's a tight squeeze on most Charlotte streets. But when a bike lane is right there and cyclists ignore it and disrupt traffic by playing Chicken with cars it's just rude and dangerous behavior.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived