First Horizon Park - Home of the Nashville Sounds

RemarkableHomes

YES!!  So Paramount IS happening!!  This is a great day for Nashville.  Our resident yogi has spoken!  :)

If it's not too much trouble, I'd really love it if you expressed your doubt in my ability to purchase a black on black 2015 Maserati Granturismo.  Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Paramount...could you make a public statement that I'll never write another hit song again?  I would appreciate it.  :good:

• Like 4

Not sure if those crews are working round-the-clock, but to build a modern baseball stadium in such a short amount of time is astounding. I give 'em credit for that.

Like others, I'm still not crazy about the design. But that's not the construction crew's fault. They have done an amazing job getting the stadium ready -- and from afar, it looks as if everything has been executed very well. I had my doubts that it would be ready on time. It looks like they will be ready to go for the opening pitch. Impressive indeed.

• Like 3

Not sure if those crews are working round-the-clock, but to build a modern baseball stadium in such a short amount of time is astounding. I give 'em credit for that.

Indeed. Plus a high liquidation rate always lights a fire under someone's ass. I've seen some projects on tight deadlines that have the GC at a $5,000+ per day liquidation rate. 

• Like 1

If only the surrounding area outside the stadium looked even remotely finished. Right now, it looks like a disaster area.

Having a brand-new stadium open will be a big draw, but I worry that people will be turned off by the surroundings. Hopefully that doesn't have long-term effects on opinions from the fan base.

Edited by Vrtigo

If only the surrounding area outside the stadium looked even remotely finished. Right now, it looks like a disaster area.

Having a brand-new stadium open will be a big draw, but I worry that people will be turned off by the surroundings. Hopefully that doesn't have long-term effects on opinions from the fan base.

Landscaping is going in now outside the stadium and surrounding streets are being repaved.     By opening day, I expect the stadium footprint itself will look completely finished.    Ongoing construction will be cordoned off on the Embrey site and the parking garage site.    Ballpark visitors will have to put up with construction next door on those two sites for another year or so but things won't look quite as bad as they do right now.      

We've heard nothing about the Sounds ownership residential development which may be a long way off.    The site for that has been graded, seeded and strawed.  

• Like 1

I would imagine the area around the stadium will look pretty sweet within 3-4 years.  That will help give the stadium a better "neighborhood" feel that it needs.

Right--completely agree. I'm just wondering what impact it will have on the fan base to walk outside and basically feel like you're in the middle of a construction site. Not to mention the parking issue...

Not trying to be negative. I'm very optimistic about this project! I just worry that a launch like this may have unintended consequences.

When the new Busch Stadium opened in STL a few years back it was surrounded by a fair amount of ongoing construction (they had to wait to tear down old Busch literally next door until after the previous season, so demo was not complete when the new park opened).    There has been additional construction around the park in the meantime and it hasn't stopped the Cardinals from setting attendance records at the new park.    

I guess the point is, as long as the park is well-done and the games are fun to watch, the fan experience will be a positive one despite construction nearby.   As an infrequent visitor to Greer over the years, I would have liked to see a little construction going on around that part of town.   The problem there was sort of the opposite - the lack of any activity or signs of life in the neighborhood was a negative for the fan experience.    Ironically, it's just starting to boom there now that the team is moving.        

• Like 4

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/columnist/dave-ammenheuser/2015/04/07/ammenheuser-nashville-sounds-first-tennessee-park/25441527/

Some encouraging remarks from Sounds players and management:

Manager Steve Scarsone echoed Mills' words.  "This park takes us to another level," Scarsone said. "It's a miniature big league stadium. Put another tier on it and it's ready for the big league boys."  "I can't say much other than it's beautiful," Scarsone said. 

When Brad Mills got to Nashville on Sunday, the Sounds pitcher couldn't wait to see First Tennessee Park.  He wanted an up-close-and-personal look.  "I spent the winter looking at it being built online, checking the webcam," Mills said on Tuesday during the team's preseason media session. "That's the civil engineer in me; it piqued my interest. I would look at the construction often."

"State of the art," he said.

A pitcher and frequent webcam checker.    Someone invite him to UrbanPlanet!

• Like 3