First Horizon Park - Home of the Nashville Sounds

RemarkableHomes

• 2 weeks later...

46 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The Kings of Leon will be playing a concert at the ballpark after the season is over on Sept. 29th. Hopefully more events like this will be taking place at the stadium as time progresses....

http://www.livenation.com/events/665635-sep-29-2017-kings-of-leon

I wonder what the layout will look like?

• 2 months later...

Went to a game last Friday, even though the Sounds got roundly spanked by OKC it was still a fun time at the ball park. Great attendance, too. Of the three or four games I've been to, they have all been crowded with fans.

Now, when will they expand the stadium? Are there any plans in the works, or are they just going to wait and see what happens regarding MLB expansion and whether or not the current sales are sustainable?

2 hours ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

Went to a game last Friday, even though the Sounds got roundly spanked by OKC it was still a fun time at the ball park. Great attendance, too. Of the three or four games I've been to, they have all been crowded with fans.

Now, when will they expand the stadium? Are there any plans in the works, or are they just going to wait and see what happens regarding MLB expansion and whether or not the current sales are sustainable?

I would imagine that there are no plans to expand it for the minor league team.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

According to this, the mixed use development could break ground by April.    I remain skeptical. 

Ballpark development still on the radar for sons of Sounds owner

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/08/17/ballpark-development-still-on-the-radar-for-sons.html

Lord, those things are ugly

15 hours ago, SoundScan said:

Just FYI, that 541,000 figure would beat the Titans' annual regular season attendance figures for at least the last 6 years. 

Well considering the Titans only have 8 home games and the capacity is 69K it wouldn't be that hard to beat. Sounds have 71 home games with capacity of 10K.

I wonder where they got that number for the Sounds though. I am guessing just ticket sells which is usually a BS number. That is how the Titans report attendance I believe, so they technically had 553K 3 years ago. (probably 400K were away fans haha)

Side note: Vanderbilt only had like 187K in attendance last year with an average of 31K

Edited by bigeasy
  • Like 1

That's a good sign for the Sounds and the city that people are still coming back even though the newness of the building is gone. Looking at those pictures though, a sell out and the place is half empty, a bunch of bored people walking around the stadium! I hope Nashville SC can sellout every match!!