moving to Palm Beach County...

Britainny

Unfortunately we are leaving Jacksonville :( & moving to the Palm Beach County area :( . Hubby's job will be in Laxahatchee & he doesn't want more than a 30 min commute from home. I looked into Jupiter, good High school but it's a 45 mins drive from Laxahatchee. We will be renting until we can find a home to buy. We have two kids, Middle & High school age & don't want to be stuck in suburbia with nothing to do.

Any advice?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately we are leaving Jacksonville :( & moving to the Palm Beach County area :( . Hubby's job will be in Laxahatchee & he doesn't want more than a 30 min commute from home. I looked into Jupiter, good High school but it's a 45 mins drive from Laxahatchee. We will be renting until we can find a home to buy. We have two kids, Middle & High school age & don't want to be stuck in suburbia with nothing to do.

Any advice?

You know, I really like Jupiter. Unfortunantly I don't think there is anything you're going to be able to do about being "stuck in suburbia" because north of Ft. Lauderdale that's pretty much all there is. West Palm Beach is probably you're best bet, even though it may not be ideal.

• 4 weeks later...

You know, I really like Jupiter. Unfortunantly I don't think there is anything you're going to be able to do about being "stuck in suburbia" because north of Ft. Lauderdale that's pretty much all there is. West Palm Beach is probably you're best bet, even though it may not be ideal.

Thanks for the input. What areas in West Palm Beach do you recommend then? We like older spanish style homes - would like to walk to shops, etc. Any suggestions? (price range around $350K). SAFE neighborhoods are important.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived