Williams Mullen Center

Shakman

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How tall is the crane compared to One James Center?

You know that second high tier level of it..the one that sticks out like a triangle, not the skinny rectangle part? From when I was driving on 95 northbound, it looked like it was just about level with that triangle height. I was also traveling..fast, so I may be off by a little bit.

Pictures would be nice :camera:

Byrd St:

3201784183_b94cdb20a6_b.jpg

5th St:

3202630328_dc8054ea6c_b.jpg

Rocketts:

3201786219_24c0afd35d_b.jpg

3202633578_9f87e15a6a_b.jpg

Tobacco Row/Great Shiplock Park:

3202633454_79000aab45_b.jpg

3202633012_b38e6e99b5_b.jpg

Floodwall outlook:

3202632112_9a30bfdb26_b.jpg

3202631948_7913d176e3_b.jpg

These are incredibly good photos, Tommy. You've got that crane from almost every possible viewpoint.

From the looks of it, the Williams Mullen's tower will be taller than the Omni Hotel and almost as high as #2 James Center. And it will add to downtown's density.

Many thanks for your excellent work.

I kinda did some reseach on this new tower compared to buildings already built. I think it will be the height of the war memorial at the carillon over by maymont. The war memorial is about 226 feet and is also 69 Meters. My guess is that this will be around 67 or 68 meters. So this will be a nice addition.

This guy has no time... no time... and comes on my side of town and take up enough time. Do I have to pay people to be my friends like Montana Max?

I was on my way home from work! Whatd'ya want me to do? I have Saturdays off starting next weekend, it's supposed to be sunny.

These are incredibly good photos, Tommy. You've got that crane from almost every possible viewpoint.

From the looks of it, the Williams Mullen's tower will be taller than the Omni Hotel and almost as high as #2 James Center. And it will add to downtown's density.

Thanks, Burt! I'm hoping to do an update at least every two weeks, but don't hold me to it ;)

Yeah thanks for the pics... there will be several great vantage points for watching this rise.

• 3 weeks later...

Found a rendering (I don't think it's been posted here before) of WMC as seen from 195 in Creative Workspace magazine. They have released their Winter 2009 issue online, which features some of the new projects going on around Richmond. Definitely take a loot at it. WMC on pg. 11.

Williams Mullen Center Rendering

Creative Workspace

Archived