Williams Mullen Center

Shakman

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three James Center tops out at 182' ... so at 220' it should seem a bit taller. It will be slightly taller than West Hospital.

Speaking of West Hospital, check out the VCU Development thread in about five minutes. I'm going to post something there that will please many, especially Cam and Creativeclass. ;)

Three James Center tops out at 182' ... so at 220' it should seem a bit taller. It will be slightly taller than West Hospital.

...and at its location, it should have a pretty good impact on the skyline.

burt - Your five minutes are up. Post the news.

Yes, this one will be fun to watch go up - especially during this slow-down of construction. If this economic slow-down and housing bubble would not have burst, could you imagine the construction that would be going on in Richmond right now? Just picture it - Williams Mullen Center, Centennial Tower, possibly Pinnacle Place and who knows what other tall development! Ho hum...I guess we'll have to wait this slow-down out and see what happens. I hope all of these projects eventually come to fruition, but it's hard to be optimisic is such a market - this market is the kind that can change everything, forever.

Yes, this one will be fun to watch go up - especially during this slow-down of construction. If this economic slow-down and housing bubble would not have burst, could you imagine the construction that would be going on in Richmond right now? Just picture it - Williams Mullen Center, Centennial Tower, possibly Pinnacle Place and who knows what other tall development! Ho hum...I guess we'll have to wait this slow-down out and see what happens. I hope all of these projects eventually come to fruition, but it's hard to be optimisic is such a market - this market is the kind that can change everything, forever.

...and do not forget about the James Center expansion, possibly additional developments around the Canal and the "Doughnut" Block" along Cary Street. Once (if) all this happens, this area of Downtown will be quite dense and verticle. It should also fill in the gap caused by the Downtown Expressway.

I believe the original height was 220 ft. I wonder if the 17 floors includes a mechanical penthouse.

From Heath at RCW:

Here's the breakdown:

Total Floors: 16 + Mechanical Penthouse

2 Story 1st floor for Retail / Lobby

Floors 3-6 parking

Floor 6 partial office

Floors 7-16 Office Space

My understanding they are hoping to early start of vertical construction in Feb/Mar 09 with site work starting in the next 30 days

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of huge equipment on site this morning hard at work digging footings (or whatever else it is that one does with gigantic augers).

I wonder if caissons will be installed as part of the foundation. I may have to do a walk by and see for myself.

Let's not forget our old buddy the Vistas Live Cam that will provide excellent construction coverage of Williams Mullen Center :thumbsup:

wmtvluv9.png

Awesome find! I thought that this webcam had been disabled. Nice to know I can go here and keep up-to-date with the progress of this project.

Good reminder Tommy! That should be great for the out of towners.

Since it's visually evident that construction is underway, I'm hoping a moderator will eventually drop by and move this thread to the top, changing it from proposed to under construction, and adjusting the height from 15 to 17 floors........

Awesome find! I thought that this webcam had been disabled. Nice to know I can go here and keep up-to-date with the progress of this project.

Foundation with caissons.

One more time... Can the appropriate person /people change the thread title so it reads 17-stories, not 15-stories. Also, since caisson work has started, it should be under-construction not proposed.

Shall I ask again? :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived