Wither Federal Hill?

Cotuit

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

The Judith Market on DePasquale is no more. Apparently the owners of Venda bought the property and razed it for parking. I spoke to someone who lives in the house next door, and Venda was trying to buy that too, but the owner wouldn't sell for what was offered. There's also a house kitty corner behind the now-vacant lot that's going to be torn down as well.

More surface parking....

The Judith Market on DePasquale is no more. Apparently the owners of Venda bought the property and razed it for parking. I spoke to someone who lives in the house next door, and Venda was trying to buy that too, but the owner wouldn't sell for what was offered. There's also a house kitty corner behind the now-vacant lot that's going to be torn down as well.

More surface parking....

are you fudgeing crapting me?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i saw that yesterday. what the hell is happening to federal hill? i assume they have to have the lot re-zoned.

edit: the language filter makes it sound so much funnier and so less angry.

More surface parking....

Planning is concerned about what is going on, the regulations (or lack thereof) leave their hands tied right now.

My question, the city is almost 400 years old, when exactly can we expect some regulations?

I completely understand your apathy - when it comes to Atwells, there doesn't seem to be any game plan and everyone can do whatever the hell they feel like. I hate to see them nibbling away at the urban fabric so they can add a few more parking spaces - it's so damn short-sighted and they're slowly killing the goose that laid the golden egg. I think a program like Main Street would really do wonders for Atwells and get everyone on the same page.

Crazy.

The 2 houses behind the Hole, the 4-story building on Bond, the social club on Spruce & Acorn and now this - all in the last few weeks! I thought this kind of stuff wasn't supposed to happen during economic downturns when money was tight. Certainly is helping the tax base.

Medditermafio has expanded their outdoor seating half way down the block. I make a point of walking as close to the diners as possible and looking over their shoulders at what they are eating when I walk by.

Hey, did everyone hear Medditermafio lost their 5 star rating?

Medditermafio has expanded their outdoor seating half way down the block. I make a point of walking as close to the diners as possible and looking over their shoulders at what they are eating when I walk by.

Hey, did everyone here Medditermafio lost their 5 star rating?

Archived