Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miesian Corners

Sprinkles Cupcakes

9 posts in this topic

I know this has been mentioned on the site before, but I used the search function and could not locate the thread. Anyway, there's an incredible cupcake place from Los Angeles called Sprinkles. They have had Charlotte listed on their "coming soon" page for over a year now. Still no Sprinkles. Now I know what you're all probably thinking, why should we care about a cupcake bakery? Well, I thought the same until I ate one yesterday. Wow! Three words: best cake ever.

Take a visit to their site. On the "locations" page, there's a tab where you can vote for their next location. VOTE! Charlotte needs more cake!

http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com/locations.html#

I emailed them when it was first announced they were opening in Charlotte to ask about possible locations. I got a pretty generic a response that they were still looking and that the website would be updated soon. Still nothing.

Now I get emails from them telling me about all their great cupcake flavors and I am mad that I cannot try them yet.

I remember that discussion a couple of years ago. Doesn't look like they have expanded at all since then.

Sprinkles is amazing! Really good cupcakes.. here's a pic I took when I was in LA

sprinklesls7.jpg

There is a locally run cupcake store in Parktowne Village near Woodlawn and Park Rds.

There is a locally run cupcake store in Parktowne Village near Woodlawn and Park Rds.

I blanked on the name and had to google. Polka Dot Bake Shop. It's over on the Starbucks side of Parktowne down from there. They have good cupcakes. I hope it's not already gone. Charlotte does not have enough bakeries, Nova's in PM and Amelie's in NoDa are two great spots though.

They were open ~2 weeks ago when I tried it. They were good cakes for sure.

I blanked on the name and had to google. Polka Dot Bake Shop. It's over on the Starbucks side of Parktowne down from there. They have good cupcakes. I hope it's not already gone. Charlotte does not have enough bakeries, Nova's in PM and Amelie's in NoDa are two great spots though.