Starbucks - 9 BR locations to close.

all2neat

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt Starbucks over-built. And like LT said, this is a CC's town. BusinessReport is doing a poll and Starbucks was #3 behind CC's and a place called BrewHaHa.

I'm suprised at the closing at Corporate/Energy too. That place seemed packed. But like cajun said so many locations clustered together nearby including at Towne Center.

BTW as of yesterday, the price for a barrel of oil had dropped for a third day in a row to around $130. So why won't we see some gas prices drop?? <_< Them dirty rats!

I won't miss Starbucks. Overrated in my book. Their coffee always tastes like they use burnt beans. I'm a CC's fan. I am surprised about the Corporate @ Energy location closing. That place was always packed, but they did have a store at Towne Center, College and B&N. Perkins Rowe is also surprising to me. Maybe CC's will move across the street to that spot or maybe PJ's Coffee will look at picking up the PR Spot.

I won't miss Starbucks. Overrated in my book. Their coffee always tastes like they use burnt beans. I'm a CC's fan. I am surprised about the Corporate @ Energy location closing. That place was always packed, but they did have a store at Towne Center, College and B&N. Perkins Rowe is also surprising to me. Maybe CC's will move across the street to that spot or maybe PJ's Coffee will look at picking up the PR Spot.

Did you see the hurricane in the Gulf? It probably won't effect very many rigs for more than a few days...but you can bet it will translate into at least $12 more per bbl than it is right now.

I'd say buy a hybrid, but so many people in Baton Rogue are employed by big oil it isn't funny. I read an article in the wall street journal about a "plug in hybrid" called the Volt that supposed to run 45 miles on nothing but electricity, then run as a full hybrid car after that.

Now that is a technology that Louisiana should be fighting for- a plant that makes those batteries or those cars is going to be a big, powerful economic engine for the next 50 years.

Archived