Cool Springs Galleria

chadshelton921

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only malls that are doing any kind of upgrade seem to be the more upscale malls. I think this is good for the mall. I still do not look for any new malls to be added anywhere in the Nashville area. If anything, Hickory Hollow will be torn down in the next 10 years and Stones River will have another major expansion.

The only malls that are doing any kind of upgrade seem to be the more upscale malls. I think this is good for the mall. I still do not look for any new malls to be added anywhere in the Nashville area. If anything, Hickory Hollow will be torn down in the next 10 years and Stones River will have another major expansion.

Well I wouldn't exactly go that far, several new shopping centers and town centers are planned or under construction in Murfreesboro alone. The new wave of "malls" seem to model these styles for increased foot traffic and easier tenant relocation. The Nashville area is hot with new retail, yes mostly more of the same, but vastly improved over years past.

Well it seems to me that Fountain Square was ahead of its time. Back in the 90's people did not take to kind to the idea of open air malls. Now that it seems to be the new wave for shoppers, maybe it will be brought back to life. Especially due to the fact that North Nashville is having (IMO) a residential boom. It's not to far from the German Town area.

It's about time that Cool Springs does something other than suburban massive parking lot developments.

This will probably look a little odd at first.. but hopefully will encourage better planning and more urban development in the area, in the future.

Personally, I'd rather see it as an extension to downtown Franklin, but what can ya do when you don't control the money :)

I SAW it on the news too. Anything to replace parking lots with parking decks is okay with me. There's enough asphalt out there already. This is probably something the mall area needs. With Williamson demographics as they are, we can probably look for some new to the state stores.

I inquired via e-mail with a CBL employee asking where the parking garages would be located. They don't know yet because this project is still only in the planning stages. I wouldn't be surprised if parking garages are built adjacent to existing department stores.

From the way I see it, most existing enclosed malls that now undergo expansions are adding open-air lifestyle center additions.

I hope CBL does a better job with CoolSprings open-air area than they did at Valley View Mall in Roanoke, Va. The aesthetics are okay, and the restaurants are great, but the tenant mix leaves a lot to be desired.

Hmm.. i guess we could have predicted this for Cool Springs, had we followed CBL a little closer, heh.. it's nothing new to them.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EI...t_3/ai_n6140066

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EI...21/ai_n16130950

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EI..._7/ai_n27289765

Although, all of the examples that i've been able to find are about 75,000 sq ft or so additions.. not 200,000 sq ft.

• 2 years later...

Did this ever come to fruition? I don't think I've heard anything about it being built. Anyone know/heard anything?

I haven't heard anything about this hardly at all other than when it was first announced. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason it has yet to be done is the economy. It will be interesting to see if anything becomes of this.

Archived