Cascadia

splash

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard them too, they sound nice, I wish I could get a condo there, but, i do have to say, the urban atmosphere of condo living does not surround this project, it is out in the middle of Pennington Bend, where I already live

maybe it will draw a lot more urban/dense development to this area

I am doubtful about any new construction for anything until the banking crisis is fixed. Its going to be very hard to get loans for anything for a while. I hate being negative, but I think being realistic is important right now.

BTW, there are 4 million unsold homes on the market and there are a lot in foreclosure too. I guess we will have to wait and see.

quick update

the site is really bustling now, lots of transportation of dirt off site, tons of dump trucks lining up for the site, and 3 bulldozers and some earth movers on site

here is a quick pic as i passed it on my way home just a few minutes ago, sorry for the quality, it is a camera phone shot

img029.jpg

no problem,

i just realized that the pic didnt show the dump trucks, lol, any hoo...

those dump trucks dont know how to navigate the area very well, there are three projects in pennington bend right now that are moveing dirt, 2 subdivisions by me, and then this right down the road less than half a mile away

• 5 weeks later...

It just blows me away that anyone is attempting to start a large project like this in Nashville right now. Hey, if they got the deals done, great for them!!! It's a cool idea, but I would love to see the hard numbers on this with sales and all.

That is my take right now too, Lexy. With all of the unsold condos in the area and home sales dropping another 6%, you would think someone would see this may not be too smart. I predict this one may be put on hold for a while. We are at the very start of a deep recession and it may take several years to come out of it.

Archived