Crescent Park to get makeover

GRDadof3

There hasn't been a ceremony for Crescent Park. The Van Andel Institute had the construction fence removed with lights on trees and bushes with colored lights on their new Phase II building for one of their fund raising galas, then they had a more permanent fence put up after the gala event. When I was taking photos the night of the gala their security team stated that Crescent Park is private property and that it was not open to the public. I guess Crescent Park is not a city park and that it will be maintained and CONTROLLED by the Van Andel Institute Globalists and their supporters under the guise of Friends of Crescent Park. They built it for their scientists. A Rapid Growth Media article states that it will open in the Spring of 2010. http://www.rapidgrowthmedia.com/devnews/cresent1105.aspx

We should start an organization to research their sickness.

~John

Whoa. WTF is this post all about?

My uneducated guess is that the park might still be considered a construction site, as part of the VAI construction.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point is that it will open when VAI saids it will open, not when the city parks and recreation department say it will open. The other point is that it is a public park that is run by sick Globalists that know how to control governments. Sorry about injecting politics but I'm really upset that the park is done yet fenced off and not open to the public. Heartside Park was open for many months before they had the ribbon cutting ceremony.

~John

Quite honestly, with the city having such a hard time balancing the books, I'm *happy* that this park has friends in high places.

And quit with the name calling. It's not endearing.

Joe

My point is that it will open when VAI saids it will open, not when the city parks and recreation department say it will open. The other point is that it is a public park that is run by sick Globalists that know how to control governments. Sorry about injecting politics but I'm really upset that the park is done yet fenced off and not open to the public. Heartside Park was open for many months before they had the ribbon cutting ceremony.

~John

~John

I think accusations like this being thrown at VAI are groundless, and frankly aren't up to UrbanPlanet standards. Take it to MLive John.

~John

John, can you please tell us how you're so enlightened about how this process is working behind the scenes? Who's your inside connection giving you the info on the "sick globalists" and their evil plans to deprive everyone of a public park, thereby demonstrating their power to...who exactly???

Perhaps you would let us know who specifically has made such a shameful decision to keep the fence up, so that I can contact them and ask them to open up the park.

Haven't you heard of the infamous evil plot to takeover the world starting with small pocket parks in medium sized cities? It's all over the Internets... ;)

Joe

John, can you please tell us how you're so enlightened about how this process is working behind the scenes? Who's your inside connection giving you the info on the "sick globalists" and their evil plans to deprive everyone of a public park, thereby demonstrating their power to...who exactly???

Perhaps you would let us know who specifically has made such a shameful decision to keep the fence up, so that I can contact them and ask them to open up the park.

I am no expert, but perhaps they simply want the new plantings to establish themselves a little bit over the winter and early spring of next year before having to endure the stresses of the public. Seems to me that that is safeguarding the public interest over the long term, rather than satisfying a few over the short term of a few winter months.

Haven't you heard of the infamous evil plot to takeover the world starting with small pocket parks in medium sized cities? It's all over the Internets... ;)

Joe

Disappointingly, the "evil globalists" will not be starting their world domination in this particular Grand Rapids pocket park.

From the Friends of Crescent Park Facebook page:

"Friends of Crescent Park So sorry for not responding sooner! Although the renovations to the park are complete, it will remain closed until Spring 2010 to allow the new plantings to become established. Limiting access and foot traffic now during the fall and winter months will help to ensure that the plants take root and stay healthy for years to come!"

ArsEcclesiae was correct. Of course, they wouldn't likely admit to their nefarious plans, so the evil plot may live on in the minds of many.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't remember where on this website it is, but there was a proposal for a high rise condo building on the property across from Cresent Park/Next too the Community College ramp. I now see on Visbeen's website renderings for a small retail option for that sliver of land. It's under the retail gallery section.

The highrise is still on the Visbeen website Under Commercial > High-rises > The Crescent. I know it's just a rendering and probably doesn't have a practical purpose, but I'd love to see something like this built (someday). I think the small commercial building is a waste of space.

Joe

I can't remember where on this website it is, but there was a proposal for a high rise condo building on the property across from Cresent Park/Next too the Community College ramp. I now see on Visbeen's website renderings for a small retail option for that sliver of land. It's under the retail gallery section.

I like the current building too, they have a San Francisco feel with the steep hill. But i'm not super attached to them. The rendering is good but my only worry would be ruining the view from the park.

There is also a rendering for crescent shops under the retail tab. It's nice but only 1 1/2 stories. I think you could do more with the site then that.

• 1 month later...

Archived