City looking to revoke Margarita Grill's liquor license

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best use of that smiley, ever!

Back on-topic - if MG closes, where will all those 18-20year olds go? I mean, won't this problem likely re-appear to some extent at the next bar that decides to let non-drinking-age kids in? On other message boards there seems to be a sentiment that Rags is going to be the next bar to have problems.

We went to Rags about 10 or 11 years ago, and we witnessed about 3 really vicious fights where people were bleeding, teeth knocked out, one guy knocked out cold, etc.. I don't think it's anything new for them, unless all the bad behavior left Rags for a while and went to MG and Monte's.

Ragg's was one of THE places we went when I turned 21, it was always a s-hole over-serving people for like $.50/pint. As for MGrille maybe this will force the owners to renovate and re-do the whole thing. They own McFadden's too and in my experience that's always a fun place, but my guess is that MGrille has been profitable enough that they just say, meh, why change?

We went to Rags about 10 or 11 years ago, and we witnessed about 3 really vicious fights where people were bleeding, teeth knocked out, one guy knocked out cold, etc.. I don't think it's anything new for them, unless all the bad behavior left Rags for a while and went to MG and Monte's.

I think Raggs has been a running joke for about five generations of college kids. I don't have any idea how they haven' t been shut down. It's like the opening of the movie Road House or something.

There is indeed always going to be some meat market in town that lets in minors (unintentionally or not) and plays dance music, and it will always be a rough place. I think you have to go back to the 80s with Shout in Easttown to not get a place like that where brawls aren't happening night after night...Club 911, Grotto, Make Believe's, Bucking Beaver, Cadillac Jacks, Raggs, that hip-hop place that used to be on Ionia (Maxies?) and now Margarita Grill. Meatheads and college girls are big bucks for bad bars.

Archived