I-49 in NWLA?

bigboyz05

• 1 year later...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Officials want I-49 finished

A group of public officials and civic leaders are asking Gov. Bobby Jindal to fund the remaining $44 million needed to complete a portion of Interstate 49 north.

The Shreveport Times reports the piece of roadway in question is a three-mile stretch in Section E of the proposed interstate that would connect La. Highway 1 to a four-lane highway.

The I-49 north project includes sections which start at the Louisiana-Arkansas state line and go all the way to Interstate 220. There is also a separate project to continue I-49 from I-220 to Interstate 20.

The cost to complete those sections is $600 million. The only portion not funded is the small part in Section E, which costs $51 million to complete. The project is short $44 million.

http://www.businessreport.com/news/2010/mar/29/officials-want-i-49-finished-gvpt1/?economic-development

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jindal secured funds. Arkansas needs to begin construction.

I'm perplexed. :dontknow: Arkansas is nearly finished with its stretch of Future I-49. It's Louisiana who is far, far behind on the project, but progress is being made. I drove north from Shreveport twice last week and was stopped in traffic on Highway 71 due to Future I-49 construction in Louisiana.

Archived