Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigboyz05

I-49 in NWLA?

6 posts in this topic

The last I heard about I-49 in North West Louisiana was when there was land being cleared near Mira and that was nearly 2 yrs ago. Does anyone know what's going on now and does anyone have links or pictures of progress with this project?

Officials want I-49 finished

A group of public officials and civic leaders are asking Gov. Bobby Jindal to fund the remaining $44 million needed to complete a portion of Interstate 49 north.

The Shreveport Times reports the piece of roadway in question is a three-mile stretch in Section E of the proposed interstate that would connect La. Highway 1 to a four-lane highway.

The I-49 north project includes sections which start at the Louisiana-Arkansas state line and go all the way to Interstate 220. There is also a separate project to continue I-49 from I-220 to Interstate 20.

The cost to complete those sections is $600 million. The only portion not funded is the small part in Section E, which costs $51 million to complete. The project is short $44 million.

http://www.businessreport.com/news/2010/mar/29/officials-want-i-49-finished-gvpt1/?economic-development

Thanks! This is really encouraging news. Now Arkansas needs to get cracking on building their section from Ft. Smith to Texarkana.

Jindal secured funds. Arkansas needs to begin construction.

I'm perplexed. :dontknow: Arkansas is nearly finished with its stretch of Future I-49. It's Louisiana who is far, far behind on the project, but progress is being made. I drove north from Shreveport twice last week and was stopped in traffic on Highway 71 due to Future I-49 construction in Louisiana.