PROPOSED: AI Tech Center

ConnMan

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and now I have my new camera to take prettier pictures of youre rendering with :)

I'll be on the lookout for the guy with the big shiny camera zooming in on my boards, then.

Weather looks good for the 3rd, the players are set, and we are a go for our show on the plaza. I'll see everyone that can be there tomorrow.

Dan Whittemore

AI Engineers, Inc.

I'll be on the lookout for the guy with the big shiny camera zooming in on my boards, then.

Weather looks good for the 3rd, the players are set, and we are a go for our show on the plaza. I'll see everyone that can be there tomorrow.

Dan Whittemore

AI Engineers, Inc.

The camera is not that big, but to me it is shiny and special.

I can help you further, I will be wearing a brown leather car coat, a grey hat, khaki pants. Yeah it does'nt really match, but whatever, I am looking for the right hat.

and as you can see from above I might use youre when I mean your from time to time

cheers

Plans Unveiled For Office Tower On Constitution Plaza

By KENNETH R. GOSSELIN {sodEmoji.|}The Hartford Courant

December 3, 2008

43697742.jpg

In the thick of a recession, the new owner of the former WFSB studios on Constitution Plaza in Hartford is moving ahead quickly with plans for a 12-story, $40 million office tower on the site

Oh, did I mention that I was at the Courant yesterday?

It's December 3rd and a new page, everybody. Have at it. ^_^

Dan Whittemore

AI Engineers, Inc.

Great project!! I'm very impressed with the building, love that it's going to be LEED Platinum... Good luck on the next phases!

I definately like what we are getting.

we were told 100KSF we are getting 207KSF

we are getting retail

we are getting a platinum building. Platinum is a big deal still. there are very few built out there

and we are getting 13 stories. I was not expecting more than 8.

43693094.jpg

based on this render I see 3 maybe 4 retail berths. I know AI was planning an engineering center of some sort to be accessable. that might be on the left of the entrance with the 3 retail booths to the right.

I will be heading over to the unveiling right after posting this.

YAY!

I'm an archictectual traditionalist, so I don't love the design. But I'm no fool, this is a great project for the city, especially if it can bring some life to that part of downtown. As the Courant article alluded to, hopefully it can even spur development of the Clarion Hotel site. Kudos, AI. Lets get this built ASAP.

Got back from the big ta doo a moment ago, and thought I would post a few pictures.

I mostly too video, so for whatever its worth I might try and put that up, but from the looks of the media coverage you are better off checking ANY of the local media outlets as there were something like 6 cameras there. besides people kept getting in front of me and I had to stop filming several times. I didnt get a word of what DW said but said hi to him afterward.

there were also plenty of writen press agencies and even NPR Radio.

I missed out on the shiny press release, but since I am not press I will survive.

I was told it will be available in PDF format on the AI web site this afternoon.

I also told AI that I appreciated his vision, and commitment to sustainability and choosing Hartford. Kind of a "Thank you" and a "congratulations"

wow it takes forever to upload pictures from the new camera to snapfish. must be the video.

ok so my videos have been cut off by snapfish for being too big. so you will only get 100 megs at a time I guess, and I am not going to bother past that because like I said, the media will have you more than covered.

A few interesting points while I wait.

DW said work has begun inside the building all ready. as soon as first night is over, the actual building will be torn down and the concrete recycled in the construction process.

the mayor called it a $40 million dollar project.

the part of the building on the left of the entrance in the pic I reposted above is the companies auditorium for the educational aspect of the project.

here goes some pictures and videos?

th_MVI_0027.jpg

th_MVI_0029.jpg

IMG_0023-2.jpg

IMG_0024-2.jpg

IMG_0025-2.jpg

IMG_0032-1.jpg

I'm an archictectual traditionalist, so I don't love the design. But I'm no fool, this is a great project for the city, especially if it can bring some life to that part of downtown. As the Courant article alluded to, hopefully it can even spur development of the Clarion Hotel site. Kudos, AI. Lets get this built ASAP.

MQR, at the prss comference, DW spoke of how the building is in many ways a reflection of its surroundings. There is a design element that mirrors the Phoenix building, there is an exposed concrete wall reflecting on constituion plaza, and something else I do not remember.

I am not sure how this will work in the end but I think it fits the area quite well in that shot from the air.

Hell my favorite buildings are closer to the travelers building than the AI building, but in 2008 I much prefer we build a modern building on our front door to represent the future of the city. especially with the science center, and The Phoenix next door.

MQR, at the prss comference, DW spoke of how the building is in many ways a reflection of its surroundings. There is a design element that mirrors the Phoenix building, there is an exposed concrete wall reflecting on constituion plaza, and something else I do not remember.

I am not sure how this will work in the end but I think it fits the area quite well in that shot from the air.

Hell my favorite buildings are closer to the travelers building than the AI building, but in 2008 I much prefer we build a modern building on our front door to represent the future of the city. especially with the science center, and The Phoenix next door.

Don't get me wrong, as far as modern styles go, its pretty good. I like some of the recent tower designs like H21 and this one. Its just in my perfect world, we would go back to designing our towers like we did in 20's and 30's. ;)

Sorry that I can't write more -- its been a hectic few days as everyone can imagine.

I wanted to let everyone know that the building brochure is now up on our website for download. Its big and comprehensive to the point of information overload.

So, perfect for this crowd. Come and get it!

http://www.aiengineers.com/News.html

Dan Whittemore

AI Engineers, Inc.

Sorry that I can't write more -- its been a hectic few days as everyone can imagine.

I wanted to let everyone know that the building brochure is now up on our website for download. Its big and comprehensive to the point of information overload.

So, perfect for this croud. Come and get it!

http://www.aiengineers.com/News.html

Dan Whittemore

AI Engineers, Inc.

Thanks!

printing now.

maybe this is detailed enought to put me to sleep tonight.

Also,

I just realized I should post here that Fox 61 should have the best coverage even though she asked the most leading questions during the Q&A section because they interviewed our very own DW after the press conference and got all kinds of additional info out of him.

I also saw the NPR lady talking to Mr. Islam for quite a while and I am sure she asked good intelligent questions as NPR is known to do.

Congratulations DanielW. I agree with MichaelQReilly. Having been in this city awhile, and having seen countless failed modernist projects and the destruction of beautiful irreplaceable buildings for basically nothing gained, I've lost my ability to be excited over any new design. However, the thought of this new building and its surroundings is very interesting. Good luck. Knowing we cannot replace what's been lost, I think your plan is very deserving of our support.

Archived