Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jice

ICON in the Gulch

19 posts in this topic

When all is said and done, I think i'm really liking the way ICON is turning out. It's, i'm sure, not perfect... but compared to the rest of Bristol's portfolio.. I venture to say it must be their pride and joy.

032.jpg

The amount of brick is a huge improvement, for starters... and as far as I can tell (just having seen the outside thus far), there seems to be more attention to detail than most of their other projects, IMO. Maybe even more so than some projects by other developers.

015-1.jpg

Not to mention, they will surely have some of the best skyline views for quite some time...

021.jpg

When all is said and done, I think i'm really liking the way ICON is turning out. It's, i'm sure, not perfect... but compared to the rest of Bristol's portfolio.. I venture to say it must be their pride and joy.

The amount of brick is a huge improvement, for starters... and as far as I can tell (just having seen the outside thus far), there seems to be more attention to detail than most of their other projects, IMO. Maybe even more so than some projects by other developers.

Not to mention, they will surely have some of the best skyline views for quite some time...

^ No problem.

And about the top spire.. I am really liking it at night, too. It gives something to point at and say.. hey, there's the Gulch!

This is a great looking project. Have any people started moving into their condos?

This is a great looking project. Have any people started moving into their condos?

Article today in the Tennessean.. featuring the ICON... Downtown condo sales weaken

For those who were curious about how it looks at night, the article also includes a dusk pic.. and there are a few other pics here

a total of 48 units, or roughly 12 percent of the building's 418 units, have closed on sales

only 17 of the tower's 22 floors have units ready for occupancy.

When construction started on the Icon, all of its units were committed to buyers. Several of those anticipated buyers

Newspapers are notorious for blowing negative news up out of proportion. I would imagine that many of the units have only recently have been completed, and are just now ready to be moved into. I'm sure the process is moving much slower than the developers would want, but not nearly as bad as portrayed in the Tennessean article.

^ I agree... many units are probably not yet ready... although those are some pretty staggering statistics on the 3-month graph...

condos.gif

Today I took a tour of the entire Icon building with Dan Daniel, the Bristol principal. I was definitely impressed by the building's progress and the vision these guys have. I saw everything from the penthouse to the pool and garage. If you have any doubts about this structure's future I challenge you to go take a tour of it. Yes, they are struggling to sell the units there, but this building will sell more units, faster than any other in the area in my opinion. If you have any questions about it lemme know.

i thought these sold out really quick in the beginning???

Is the building open for tours to the general public? I haven't even attempted to go in yet. Can't wait to see the inside when it's all finished!

I went in actually considering a unit but as far as I know the Icon is not open to the general public to walk in and look around, but under the guise of interest in a unit I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with it. From what I understand they are looking for as many people as possible to just come in and see it in person. I agreed, once potential buyers tour the Icon it will sell itself. The view from PH level is unlike one I have never seen of downtown. It's the perfect distance for a panoramic view. Definitely stop by if you have the chance.

I definitely plan to do so... as an interested buyer, of course... I wasnt sure if they had units to "show" yet. Might wait a bit until things are more complete... I want to see those little fire things lit up along the courtyard stream :shades:

FYI

I got an email newsletter from Village Real Estate that says the Icon is open to anybody to tour seven days a week from 10:00a.m. to 6:00p.m. No pretense of serious interest necessary.

^ I agree... many units are probably not yet ready... although those are some pretty staggering statistics on the 3-month graph...

condos.gif