Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DigitalSky

Old Charlotte Public Library

7 posts in this topic

Charlottelibrary.gif

I found this photo on the Landmarks Commission's website with the caption reading: "A. G. Odell's 1957 Charlotte Public Library was a bold expression of Modernism. It no longer survives.".... can anyone shed some light on the history behind this and why it no longer exists? Thanks!

Charlottelibrary.gif

I found this photo on the Landmarks Commission's website with the caption reading: "A. G. Odell's 1957 Charlotte Public Library was a bold expression of Modernism. It no longer survives.".... can anyone shed some light on the history behind this and why it no longer exists? Thanks!

I am a bit skeptical of this, but I have been told that the library building was one of Charlotte's first public buildings to be built with a centralized Air Conditioning system.

Charlottelibrary.gif