South Ridge (Church St. and University Ridge)

legend2308

I think we all know... he's seen/knows nothing.

Think what you want. I was correct about the Certus setback and correct about this, as of what has been currently shown. I certainly hope you will get in there with other neighbors and fight to correct this. Don't shoot the messenger.

^. Maybe "up to the street" means something different to you vic, as Certus is certainly NOT up to the street in any sort of urban manner. So no, I did not miss that one....maybe in your world.....but not in reality.

Again, Primrose (chain daycare) is not up to the street and is suburban in nature as it now stands. Do some digging Vic....... And Gville2012 please be a voice for change when you see the plans......

• 1 month later...

Where might I find these plans? The city applications website does not have it, and likely won't sinceii t did not make the June agenda ,until later in the month. Certus has only landscaping between the intersection and the building.

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2013/AUGUST/PlanningCommission/08-08-2013/FDP-13-172-SouthChurchStreetandRoseAvenue.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

After taking a look at these plans, I'm very disappointed in what's being proposed.  The building and site is not very pedestrian friendly to say the least. Retaining walls surround the site, the worst one being a 12' tall wall along the sidewalk, facing the corner of Church St and Rose Ave. Looks like something that would be fine for a suburban development, but nothing like what the master plan intended. I will be attending the planning meeting this Thursday to say something.  Hopefully the city will want something better than this. 

After taking a look at these plans, I'm very disappointed in what's being proposed.  The building and site is not very pedestrian friendly to say the least. Retaining walls surround the site, the worst one being a 12' tall wall along the sidewalk, facing the corner of Church St and Rose Ave. Looks like something that would be fine for a suburban development, but nothing like what the master plan intended. I will be attending the planning meeting this Thursday to say something.  Hopefully the city will want something better than this.

Careful. I posted about the suburban nature of this back in June and I was quickly shot down / bashed by a few (scroll up a few posts). I "didn't" know what I was talking about according to them......hmmmmm.........

I hope you do say something and I hope others do as well. I hope this project is drastically changed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...