South Ridge (Church St. and University Ridge)

legend2308

I thought the large apartment complex was a go so why is there a large "Available" sign on the corner of Church and University Ridge?

It is a go. The available sign is there for the retail, restaurant, and office space that will be within the complex. CBRE is the commercial agency doing the leasing for it. Beach Company is only doing the apartment leasing.

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...

Uh oh - this looks A LOT like the original plans for Magnolia Park(inglot). Parking decks, green space, mixed use with residential... such happy promise!

The Greenville Journal calls the government offices an eyesore now, just imagine how much worse it would look with another Cherrydale there.

(The angry cynic voice in my head just went to sleep - sorry for his outburst. Maybe a different economic climate will help the chances of this project...)

Uh oh - this looks A LOT like the original plans for Magnolia Park(inglot). Parking decks, green space, mixed use with residential... such happy promise!

The Greenville Journal calls the government offices an eyesore now, just imagine how much worse it would look with another Cherrydale there.

(The angry cynic voice in my head just went to sleep - sorry for his outburst. Maybe a different economic climate will help the chances of this project...)

Not going to happen.  This land is zoned PUD and is the most restricted in the city.  City council will have to approve it, even if no city money is involved.  Plus, the cost of the land requires more density than a Cherrydale/Magnolia Park situation would allow. 

The article was eye opening for me, because I did not know that there is a six story height restriction for University Ridge.  Given the elevation there, six stories would provide nice density and still allow for nice views.  I would be disappointed with a bunch of 2-3 story buildings there, though.  It needs to really pop, in a mid-rise sort of way.

There seems to be a lot of momentum for this idea right now within city and county governments.  I know Knox White recently said that this could be several years away before a firm plan is made, but I'm hoping things can materialize much faster than that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...