32 story Pyramid on eBay?

Bears

Well I found this interesting enough that I thought it deserved its own thread to get opinions of people outside the Memphis area as well.

http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=8737777

I agree that the national attention would be huge and could possibly even bring international proposals with absolutely no tax payer money needed to advertise this property. Unfortunately, they let the Pyramid Adventure theme park go, but I think its likely that this kinda stunt would bring a similar proposal to the Pyramid. Anyone know if anything this big has ever been

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I found this interesting enough that I thought it deserved its own thread to get opinions of people outside the Memphis area as well.

http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=8737777

I agree that the national attention would be huge and could possibly even bring international proposals with absolutely no tax payer money needed to advertise this property. Unfortunately, they let the Pyramid Adventure theme park go, but I think its likely that this kinda stunt would bring a similar proposal to the Pyramid. Anyone know if anything this big has ever been

I for one am tired of all the political jockeying concerning the Pyramid. I was a big supporter of Greg ericson & the theme park idea and would really like to see something innovative happen with our signature building.

It is sad, very sad that this remarkable building is sitting empty & being subjected to being sold on ebay. IMO this should have never happened their should have been an immediate plan in place for the pyramid as soon as the tigers & grizzlies left. Why not bring back the wonders series & use it as a science center? Yea, the Memphis Science Center.

• 2 weeks later...
Even though I don't think an indoor amusement park would've worked in the long run, it wouldve been better than turning the pyramid into a Bass Pro shop. A world class science museum with research and meeting facilities would be a nice joint venture between the city, St. Jude, and the bio tech industry Putting it on eBay is simply a publicity stunt. Somebody with millions to spend might see this opportunity and seriously look into putting in something spectacular. Everything is being listed on eBay these days: the original Hollywood sign, abandoned schools, an aircraft carrier, and even an unincorporated town. Even though the Pyramid is the Memphis skyline landmark, its pretty much unknown outside the region unlike Graceland which would've been sold immediately if it was in the Pyramids situation.

In light of the recent developments once again I have contacted city & county Leaders about the proposed BPS deal. I just received a response from Mayor Wharton, he stated he is withholding comment until the joint city/county committee reviews it and makes a recommendations. I believe they will meet aug. 25 I would encourage every urban planet member that is not for BPS if you have not, please send emails to city council, county commission & both mayors.

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

p_up.gifp_report.gif

p_mq_add.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Is anything happening with the Pyramid building downtown. Maybe I missed it, but not sure if there is any recent news. Or, is this structure still vacant? Is it going to be sold to the church group or to Bass Pro Shops? Does anybody have a use for the Pyramid? Perhaps, it would be best to tear it down.

What's up with the empty and crumbling Sterrick Bldg.?

These are so embarassing for Memphis!

I wish they would stop talking to bass pro & bring back greg ericson. This deal is full of deficiencies.

http://www.friendsforourriverfront.org/200...ts-on-bass.html

Archived