Carolina Panthers 2008/2009 Season

Andyc545

Like I said guys, nothing to worry about. Considering Denver's list of injuries, I don't know how any of you doubted the Panthers.

The only time there was even a tiny bit of doubt in my mind about this game was after their opening drive. The fumble/incomplete pass challenge really turned their offense on. I was worried that our sleeper defense had shown up, but as soon as we answered on the following drive, my confidence returned and I knew how this game was going to turn out. Sure they had the lead for a nice portion of the first half, but the Panthers showed with grace that they don't have any issues coming from behind as always.

I just wish that our secondary would take a few days to run some catching drills with Jake and our WR trainers. They had too many dropped interceptions tonight to count. But I guess that's nitpicking a defense that did a fabulous job after the first quarter. They let the Broncos rack up a lot of yards on their final possession, but the game was already over anyway.

It was a shame that the Broncos defense figured out the drive when we kept going to Moose. Had the Panthers gone with Steve at least once on that drive, I don't feel that the interception would have been so easy.

So glad I got to go to this game at the last minute. My voice probably won't return until at least Wednesday.

On a side note, whoever the high school QB from South Carolina that threw in the halftime challenge was, he threw a better pass than Jake or Cutler did all game long. :lol:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Giants have lost tonight against the Cowboys... That means we both are in the fight for first with both 11-3 records (would you have believed that we would have the same record as the Giants at this point before the half way point of the season?). Next Sunday night will be the THIRD night of primetime in a row for Carolina in what's being deemed the Flex-Game. If the Giants play as terrible as they have tonight, then I heavily favor our Cardiac Cats. Here's why I think we have the advantage next week:

CAR Steve Smith >> NYG Steve Smith

CAR Run Game >> NYG Run Game

CAR Receiver Guns (Smith & Mohammad) >> NYG Receiver Guns

>> (mathematical for much greater than)

Guys I'm about to flip out. So few plays separated us from victory. I don't understand why we can't stop a 2 point conversion, then miss a field goal (I know it was mainly the wind's fault, but still), then lose the coin toss, then throw on 3rd and 3, then allow the Giants to run halfway up the field on one play and set up a perfect opportunity for a Giants win. Nothing went our way in the final 5 minutes of the game + OT (except when the Giants punted on their first OT possession), and we didn't capitalize on the few opportunities presented.

Overall I'm proud of how we played tonight (better than many expected I'm sure) and I'm definitely excited we secured a playoff spot, but this game is just eating away at me right now and I have to vent.

O well, maybe I'll feel better about it tomorrow. Until then I'll be wallowing in my sorrow.

Thoughts?

Ah. I feel sick... What a heart-breaker. What hurts is we had won that game each quarter. Was ahead the whole game. Looked like the better team. It came down to a few missed opportunities and a few lucky breaks for the Giants. I would have loved to win this in NY. I guess the good thing is that we represented a quality football team, and showed we have what it takes to be a contender with a number 1 team, as we should have been. We also put on one hell of a show and didn't allow a fluke where we would be trampled- it was hard fought. But now we have to face it- tally up one for the L column <sigh>.

I will say this though- whether a fan or not, Panther's football has been some of the most exciting football to watch in the NFL this season.

Bottom line is that the defense couldn't stop the run. That's what did us in. The only playcall I questioned though was the infamous Wildcat on 2nd down before Kasay tried the field goal. I HATE that play... That should've been a passing play and could've put the Panthers in better FG range.

Really?? I wanted them to run wild-cat again on the 3rd down before the field goal, or a check down to Smitty. Pass play would have killed the clock with a drop and allowed the Giants to maybe move into field goal range.

I feel good about the rematch...we have the confidence to know we could have won, and we should have Kemouatu (sp?) back.....he's like adding another lineman against the run....they (Jacobs and Ward) attacked his backups and just plowed over them.

I don't like how the Panthers have been loosing the 4th Quarters the last 2 games. Unfortunately I was working to see all of the details, but I don't know how a now Number 2 seed team could give up 21 points in the last quarter... Not the type of last 2 games that gives me confidence in this team come the second week of January when we play our first game of the playoffs in the 2nd round. Good to at least put up a Win this last game. Giants lost and tonight is the big game of Philly and Dallas as we may meet one of these teams in our road to the Superbowl...

I don't like how the Panthers have been loosing the 4th Quarters the last 2 games. Unfortunately I was working to see all of the details, but I don't know how a now Number 2 seed team could give up 21 points in the last quarter... Not the type of last 2 games that gives me confidence in this team come the second week of January when we play our first game of the playoffs in the 2nd round. Good to at least put up a Win this last game. Giants lost and tonight is the big game of Philly and Dallas as we may meet one of these teams in our road to the Superbowl...

Lots of good and lots of bad in the last couple of games. Good part overall yesterday, a W is a W and we now have a Bye week. I think we just begin pulling conservative 'run the clock down' ball too quickly. Overall, though, the team looks great and D Williams...my lord. Let Williams, Steward, Peppers, Smith, Delhomme, and KASAY have a great game and we're good to go. Kasay has had two games where his fieldgoal misses were big issues - we'd have beaten the Giants and we'd have been winning sooner with both of them.

I had a good feeling about the team when we got rid of Foster in favor of young blood and restructured the O-line. Plus, now that the Patriots' fate is sealed, I now have much higher hopes for the Panthers this year. I think 12 or 13 wins seem reasonable depending on how TB and NO turn out. Just stay healthy.

Jake (the Snake) Delhomme singlehandedly lost this game for Carolina. FOUR turnovers by himself??? Terry Bradshaw said before the game that if Jake turns into a Snake, which he did, then Carolina would lose this game. I hate to say it but, as long as Carolina has Jake the Snake, I don't ever see them going all the way to Superbowl victory. I hope I'm wrong but mark this post and see if I'm right in about five years.

And the game is still not over.

Archived