Carolina Panthers 2008/2009 Season

Andyc545

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to add to the other responses- like Aussie said as us being on prime time and under the lights, Charlotte is going to be showcased nationally under the lights. I think it was the observer this morning that said both the Carillion and BofA HQer's will be lighting their roofs in Panthers blue and that the city is encouraging for buildings to be camera happy. Will be an amazing night and game, even if you're watching it on the big screen. Some of us will be tailgating if anyone wants to swing by for a burger and beer, just PM me ahead of time before Mon.

I can't wait. Unlike many other games, I know a lot of people going to this one and a lot of people looking for tickets. We are going to a big tailgate off Mint Street with bands and tons of BBQ. The regular games are big events, but this one is moreso in many ways. Not only is it a night game on Monday when no other NFL is on, but it just so happens we are tied with Tampa for the division championship, we both have 9-3 records, and are both really good teams that others around the country would be interested in watching. There are often Monday night games where nothing is really at stake for one or both teams and one or both are mediocre at best (meaning many fans around the country won't end up watching).

This is going to be a lot of fun! :yahoo::cold::yahoo:

Now if we can make sure to win...

With Atlanta's loss to New Orleans yesterday (as I predicted a couple posts ago :rolleyes: ) they are now two games behind both Tampa and Carolina. That makes this game basically the deciding factor in how the playoffs will look. Assuming there isn't any funny business in the last three games, this game says who gets the first week playoff bye and who will have to fight just to keep the wildcard spot.

Also, the Giants are now showing their vulnerabilities without Plaxico Burress. Their loss this week puts the Bucs and Panthers one game out of first in the NFC. The Panthers still face them a couple weeks from now, so it'll be interesting to see how they do next week against the Cowboys. If they have another rough week and hypothetically the Panthers get past the Bucs and Broncos, then that matchup will be between two 11-3 teams for first place in the NFC. Not to mention the Giants will most likely not be playing full force at that time considering they have already locked up their Conference and playoff berth.

But, for now, this will arguably be one of the biggest regular season games of all time for the Panthers.

Well, hopefully this isn't an omen, but my night just got ruined. My friend that I was going to the game with had the tickets stolen from his car at CMC last night. Apparently his mother had borrowed his car and forgot to lock the doors. He didn't realize it until an hour ago and the box office won't cooperate of course. Too late now to get the tickets reissued. :cry:

Oh well, you all yell especially loud to make up for my absence!

Great game! We need to shore up our secondary and Delhomme definitely needs to work harder if we're going to win the Super Bowl, but other than that I think we look nearly flawless. That running game was insane tonight. If we're consistent and improve on secondary and QB, I definitely think we can beat the Giants and even win out.

3am and just getting back from all of the after game horrah. What an incredible night. Crowd was intense, the game was amazing, and this all couldn't have come at a better night with all that's was on the line. All of the Charlotte skyline looked beautiful, the tailgating all over was just intense. Charlotte's surface lots actually for the first time ever looked appetizing. Fires going, tents up, it was wonderful. I have no voice now from screaming so much, and I likely won't be able to talk tomorrow, so on that note, just wanted to say this:

NFC SOUTH LEADERS

10-3 BABY

AND THE RUNNING GAME... INTENSE, JAKE LOOKED SHARP.

What a great day to be a Panther's fan...

That's funny! I can't talk already! My voice is gone; the cab driver was asking where we were going and I was so horsed he couldn't understand what I was saying. Either way, great game to be at, absolutely incredible running game tonight...over 300 yards combined for Stewart and DeAngelo...let's just see if we can play this well on the road against NYG and NO.

I agree, a great game to watch! Trading score for score until the fourth quarter is the best type of game for me. I'd rather it not go down to the last play. It's good that the Panthers were finally able to show their offensive dominance on MNF.

I have a feeling that if TB loses to Atlanta in Atlanta next week, we'll get our playoff bye and home field advantage (#1 seed) solely based on the NY-Car game outcome in two weeks. The Giants are down a third player now and we're coming in strong. The offense has it all figured out and the defense realistically only gave up 14 points since the other ten points came off turnovers.

To have Smith and Williams hit their 1000yd milestones in the same game is purely icing on the cake. Now if we can only get Stewart there by year's end.

What has me worried, with Carolina and New Orleans winning this week. That improves the NFC South home team record to 10-0 when playing other NFC South teams. We still have our last game in New Orleans. If Atlanta just lost to New Orleans in the Superdome after pummeling us two weeks ago, are we in store for some trouble late in the season?

I would say it depends on which NO team shows up. I just got back from a long stint in New Orleans and I went to the game in New Orleans when they gave the game away to the Vikings...and that was after two Reggie Bush punt returns for touchdowns and almost a third if he didn't trip over his own foot. The Saints can be a highly competitive team from year to year - when they want to be. They also can be one of the worst teams you have ever seen take the field, which is why they are bottom of the NFC South with virtually no chance of making the playoffs now.

What an unreal game last night! My voice is still horse this morning... Smash & Dash just ran over that so called vaunted Tampa defense. Smitty had a nice game as well. That was the best Panthers game I've been to yet. IF the Panthers win out, it's a #1 playoff seed. And the way they've been playing at home. I like our chances! Also, rumor has it that the Panthers/Giants game will be moved to the Sunday Night slot.

Great game....I ended up watching it at Rock Bottom with some friends and even though that place was about as far away as you can get from the Panthers Stadium and still be downtown...it was pretty full of people watching the game on the big screen TVs.

Something else I noticed...1 Wachovia tower very noticebly had about every interior light turned on and shades up on the tower....however the BofA Corp Center looked rather normal except for the Blue top.

It all looked great on ESPN in HD especially the shot from the Hawthorne bridge over Independence.

Great and exciting game to watch!

I will complain about the MNF coverage....the blimp aerial's didn't do the skyline much justice in my opinion. They did have a nice shot from the Hawthorne Ln bridge. Also, the inside the stadium pans were from the opposite side of the field than Fox normally does, and didn't show the skyline in the background.

Also, Tony Kornheiser acted like you have to drive down dirt roads to get to Charlotte....over and over he said things like "small market", "unknown", "no exposure"....maybe not incorrect, but Charlotte usually gets praised as "booming" and Tony definitely didn't extend that same message.

The worst though was during the 4th quarter when the fans were singing along to Sweet Caroline. Tony said something like "The fans are singing Sweet Caroline, like they do down here".... What???? Like we do down here? It just came across as a "down in Maybury" type of comment after an entire game of calling him calling Charlotte a small market. For the record, the only place I know they routinely sing "Sweet Caroline" is during the 8th inning at Fenway in Boston.

On the positive, Jaws and all the post game analysts heaped praise on the Panthers.

Oh, and the NC moniker was left off when Charlotte was mentioned for most of the broadcast.

Great and exciting game to watch!

I will complain about the MNF coverage....the blimp aerial's didn't do the skyline much justice in my opinion. They did have a nice shot from the Hawthorne Ln bridge. Also, the inside the stadium pans were from the opposite side of the field than Fox normally does, and didn't show the skyline in the background.

Also, Tony Kornheiser acted like you have to drive down dirt roads to get to Charlotte....over and over he said things like "small market", "unknown", "no exposure"....maybe not incorrect, but Charlotte usually gets praised as "booming" and Tony definitely didn't extend that same message.

The worst though was during the 4th quarter when the fans were singing along to Sweet Caroline. Tony said something like "The fans are singing Sweet Caroline, like they do down here".... What???? Like we do down here? It just came across as a "down in Maybury" type of comment after an entire game of calling him calling Charlotte a small market. For the record, the only place I know they routinely sing "Sweet Caroline" is during the 8th inning at Fenway in Boston.

On the positive, Jaws and all the post game analysts heaped praise on the Panthers.

Oh, and the NC moniker was left off when Charlotte was mentioned for most of the broadcast.

I can't quit smiling after lasts night's game. Such a great game to watch and be in the stadium for. My voice is gone as well but I don't care. It will recover when I watch the game again tonight since we taped it! I can't wait to see Smash & Dash. I think Peppers had a pretty good game as well -- the defense in general did a decent job of keeping Garcia from feeling very comfortable.

IMO Kornheiser has always been the least impressive of the MNF crew. It's not just his lack of football knowledge but his knowledge of things in general. I did record the game so I'll probably watch it later today, but I know Jaws is always riding him for a lot of his ill-informed comments during other games.

Watched the game from home last night and I have to say the crowd looked really energized! It certainly was not a boring game and kept me on my toes up until the fourth quarter. If Jake can gather up more confidence in himself, our team would truly be a force to be reckoned with. For the record the Panthers scored more points than any other NFL team in this past week of play, which says a lot when playing against Tampa's defense.

GO PANTHERS!!

Archived