CROCS - Do you luv them?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Crocs?

• I love them, I wear them every day!
    • They are OK
    • I don't own any myself
    • I CAN'T STAND THEM!!
    • I could care less

OK, silly topic, but everywhere I go lately they are numerous people wearing Crocs. To me they are the the silliest footwear fad that has come out since the jelly shoes of the eighties. They look like they don't fit well, after several wears they are terribly scuffed and dirty, and DON'T get me started on the 'unique' colors they come in.

However, there are many people who 'luv' their Crocs and own several pairs. Again, reminding me of the 'jelly shoe' craze.

So what do you think? Do you luv Crocs, hate 'em, or don't really care??

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crocs is a line of footwear that are kind of like a sandal made out of 'plastic like' material. Here is a link to one of the 'classic Crocs' on their website.

They make a wider range of products now, the company was started in 2003 and the shoes are quite popular now. They also have inspired quite a few knock offs as well. A lot of the shoes are branded with collegiate logos and sport quite brite neon and non-traditional colors. They also make shoes which are designed for the medical community, outdoorsman, and boating to name a few.

OK, silly topic, but everywhere I go lately they are numerous people wearing Crocs. To me they are the the silliest footwear fad that has come out since the jelly shoes of the eighties. They look like they don't fit well, after several wears they are terribly scuffed and dirty, and DON'T get me started on the 'unique' colors they come in.

However, there are many people who 'luv' their Crocs and own several pairs. Again, reminding me of the 'jelly shoe' craze.

So what do you think? Do you luv Crocs, hate 'em, or don't really care??

Crocs to me look like something you would find for footwear at a dollar store. I do not understand what people like about them. They look to me like some type of rubbery plastic stuff blown into a mold and called "shoes." They look terribly uncomfortable too. Reminds me of the kids shoes with the wheels in them, which are ultra annoying.

I have a pair. Hated them until i got them -- had to get some type of water friendly footwear to go whitewater rafting. After having a pair I can attest that they are amazingly comfortable. I don't wear them anywhere but to or from the pool, at the lake, camping (at the campsite), and other related activities. I agree that they are ugly as h*ll so I don't wear them as normal footwear (prefer Birkenstocks which my partner thinks are uglier than Crocs...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OK I gotta be honest. I'm a wee bit of a foot fetishist, so when it comes to ladies, the less, the better :D

On guys on the other hand...please cover 'em up.

That aside, I appreciate the practicality of Crocs, kinda like Uggs. I don't think they should really be worn as a fashion statement, but they have their purpose.

*ugh* they have to be the ugliest things I've ever seen.

The fact that they were the shoe of choice for prisoners in Idiocracy says it all...

Down with Crocs! Hideous abominations that tarnish the environment with their petroleum-based waste!

*Seriously, just get rid of them!

Archived