Rapid Growth e-mag comments

DSchoon

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a big fan of Rapid Growth Media, since they've interviewed me TWICE (unlike some mongoloidal rags I can think of.)

One problem with the site, though, is the Featured Place to Live: when you click on the website for the particular condominium or apartment being featured, you often have to keep clicking through to get to any real information or floorplans. That's a pain in the rear.

I love Rapid Growth, but I'm a little concerned about what the stories will be like now that they are tied in with the DDA (it is the DDA, right)? I don't wan't every story to be seen through rose-tinted glasses.

Joe

Count me in as a skeptic of the assc. with the DDA if that is indeed the case. I prefer my media coverage as independent as possible, but assuming you'd rather hear our comments about design/functionality/etc...I would say this:

The rounded corners look is about a decade old and I don't think quite conveys the forward thinking aesthetic that you are going for. Also, I would push the width out a from the current 720px to around 960px. A content container of 960px will reduce the background space by half on most newish (2005+) monitors, yet will still be attentive to most people viewing on older monitors.

On the homepage, not sure the little rounded rectangle icon thingys do much to enhance the aesthetic and in fact seem to crowd the headline column (left side). Last note, set up a style for the links other than dreamweaver default blue. Yikes!

I like the video blogging that Andy does as they separate RG from the other sites that cover the same scoops...Knapes Corner/GRpress, local tv news sites...keep it up.

I don't think they're "tied-in" with the DDA. They are working on a project for the DDA, last I heard. RapidGrowth sells RSS feeds to a lot of organizations though, like the Right Place Program, the CVB and even the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (I believe). Maybe DSchoon can explain it.

Archived