Proposed 620ft Nashville Tower

BrandonTO416

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how about a 600 foot statue of Dolly Parton, complete with office space in the interior! NOW THAT WOULD BE NASHVILLE!!!

On another note, Nashville has a Looooooong way to go for "big town" status if a PROPOSED structure with 600 some feet could be its tallest. Pittsburgh ain't all that but 850 feet is our tallest with 10 over 500 feet. And even our skyline ain't all that when compared to LA, NYC, Chicago, Houston, Singapore, HK etc.

how about a 600 foot statue of Dolly Parton, complete with office space in the interior! NOW THAT WOULD BE NASHVILLE!!!

On another note, Nashville has a Looooooong way to go for "big town" status if a PROPOSED structure with 600 some feet could be its tallest. Pittsburgh ain't all that but 850 feet is our tallest with 10 over 500 feet. And even our skyline ain't all that when compared to LA, NYC, Chicago, Houston, Singapore, HK etc.

Our tallest is 617 feet and we're actually a fairly tall skyline for our size. You cities with metros larger than Nashville like San Antonio, Austin, and Salt Lake city that don't have nearly as tall of buildings. Skyscrapers aren't everything anyway. I doubt this will be built because it would block the classic "chamber of commerce" skyline shot with the buildings reflecting in the river and views of riverfront park/1st avenue. If it does get built, I hope they clean the design and make it a better fit. If they do that, I pick this proposal for the Thermal site. It is the best use of the land.

I think Gatlinburg would outbid us for the Dolly Statue.

Hey guys, I figured it's time to get in on the urbanplanet. Most of you know me as Uncle Dave on the SPP, but since I'm easily distracted, I screwed up registering on the forum as my usual self. So, here I am, just me.

I've made quite a few comments about this odd-looking edifice proposed for one of downtown Nashville's most visible properties. Although a new 600 ft. tower would ordinarily make me quiver in anticipation, this design isn't right for us. Everyone else agrees, it seems, so no need to explain why. We all have eyes. But at this point, it's one proposal among many. All have their merit. If this tower is built, I see lots of design changes. Nashville is developing some very serious and compelling design strategies for the redevelopment of our city, so I'm not too concerned with this actually coming to fruition. One clue is the expressions on the faces of those in the picture of the task force presentation. I dont' see confetti being thrown around the room...yawns, maybe.

The task force (19 men and women from many facets of the city) is scheduled to make a recommendation in a couple of weeks.

I hold my breath. And hope for the best.

1.25 million according to Census 2000. 1.5 million if you believe some of the new CSA statistics.

Big city status isn't related to skyline size - London's tallest building isn't but 800ft or so, and it has few that get to that size.

However Nashville isn't a major world city in any way, shape, or form. It is internationally recognized for certain things like country music - but little else.

I'll give ya that one Brandon. World city status? No way. Worldwide recognition? Sure, we're famous, but a world city? I don't think so. Toronto, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Mexico City...can't say we belong to that club... a long way from it. I guess we'll just settle for being the famous little city we are. There are clubs and musical venues in Austrailia, Japan, Europe and elsewhere preceded by the word "Nashville."

For better or worse, as long as they spell it right, I'm a happy guy. ;)

I actually like the tower because the architecture flows with the new Predators arena. I looks like the tower on the arena. At this point, any development for Nashvegas would be good!

Well a new skyscraper is approved and will break ground in October. (Viridian Nashville) It will be about the 5th tallest in the city. We have some more mid rises going up too in the West End/Midtown area so I don't think we are hurting for development

Archived