New upscale apartment complex on Spaulding in Ada

GRDadof3

Anyone seen this "Stone Falls of Ada" apartment complex yet? It's right across Spaulding from Quixtar's distribution facility. I noticed the construction a few months ago, but haven't been by since until yesterday. It's pretty nice and looks they are completely building the place out all at once! :blink:

http://www.stonefallsofada.com/amenities.asp

Obviously not "urban", but still an interesting development. I wonder how strong the demand is for high-end rentals in Ada? And in Grand Rapids. The developers appear to be from Charlotte, NC. It's also right next to the railroad tracks that we envisioned as an East end commuter rail line to Lowell.

I'll see if I can get some shots tomorrow. I haven't seen an entire apartment complex under construction "round these parts" in a LONG time.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately, Charlotte, NC is a bit too far of a commute.

I drive by Stone Falls of Ada mostly every day, and it looks like it's going to be pretty nice. Anyone know a projected opening date for this place?

By the way, I've been reading this board as a guest for some time, and finally decided to become a part of it. It's great to see all of the development in and around Grand Rapids.

I just called The Stone Falls of Ada office, and they are scheduled to open the first few buildings around October 1st and then about 1 building every 3 weeks or so until they're completely finished. Apparently they have already reserved several of the units.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Obviously not "urban", but still an interesting development. I wonder how strong the demand is for high-end rentals in Ada? And in Grand Rapids. The developers appear to be from Charlotte, NC. It's also right next to the railroad tracks that we envisioned as an East end commuter rail line to Lowell.

Well - I'm sure this isn't much of a comparison really but the newer apartments here in Greenville (I used to live in a couple of the complexes) have one complex of 850/mo rent for 2 bed 2 bath - quite a small space really...and the cheaper but new complex has 2 bed for 755/mo but the walls were paper thin and you can get a 3 bed townhome for 1100/mo...but I know recently that they have dropped prices by a hundred or so bucks because nobody is biting on them. So if for some reason they don't occupy all of them or have a hard time reselling vacant units I wouldn't be surprised if they were forced to drop the price a little.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm a new resident @ the Stone Falls apartment complex. Luxury! What a joke. The "free" internet & cable service only works about 50% of the time, and the provider the complex uses is a joke. Parking is going to be ridiculous once the complex is complete. There are no guest parking spots available. And those power lines running through the complex... well, you better be prepared to have a $200-$400 electric bill each month. This is what some of the residents are reporting right now, and Consumers Energy hasn't been able to find the cause.

You are right. I drive by this complex everyday and there weren't any "old growth" trees. Not even any nice trees.

Joe

Not many old growth trees on the property. It was the former Great Lakes Gravel pit. The gravel was depleted 30? years ago and they mined sand for a few more years. I can remember just brush along the road with a berm behind to keep the cars and pickups out.

• 1 month later...

I have been a resident of Stone Falls since November and I absolutely love it here! I have rented many apartments over the past few years and I honestly feel I am finally home. I feel very well taken care of! The staff at Stone Falls has been wonderful. Being relatively new to this area, they made sure I knew where the closest pharmacy and grocery store were, and the maintenance staff even helped me with the installation of my new flat screen tv after helping me move a few boxes. The would not accept a tip no matter how much I insisted. If I ever have a question or need anything, the office has been so kind and quick to respond.

The amenities are also second to none here. I love my internet and television service. What a plus not having to pay for it! I have never had any problem connecting to the internet. My television service was briefly interrupted around the holidays, but it was quickly restored a few hours later. I understand new construction issues can be challenging as I built a home for my parents a few years ago. I am looking forward to the completion of the clubhouse and pool in June. I peeked at their progress last weekend and it looks amazing! Stone Falls is providing bikes for the residents to use on the property and the Ada bike system. I would take advantage of that but just recently bought a new bike last year. What a great idea though! They are also planning on adding an enclosed dog park soon. I saw the plans for it and it is truly amazing. My dogs will think they are in heaven! As far as I am concerned, this is the closest thing to luxury when it comes to rental living!

I have been a resident of Stone Falls since November and I absolutely love it here! I have rented many apartments over the past few years and I honestly feel I am finally home. I feel very well taken care of! The staff at Stone Falls has been wonderful. Being relatively new to this area, they made sure I knew where the closest pharmacy and grocery store were, and the maintenance staff even helped me with the installation of my new flat screen tv after helping me move a few boxes. The would not accept a tip no matter how much I insisted. If I ever have a question or need anything, the office has been so kind and quick to respond.

The amenities are also second to none here. I love my internet and television service. What a plus not having to pay for it! I have never had any problem connecting to the internet. My television service was briefly interrupted around the holidays, but it was quickly restored a few hours later. I understand new construction issues can be challenging as I built a home for my parents a few years ago. I am looking forward to the completion of the clubhouse and pool in June. I peeked at their progress last weekend and it looks amazing! Stone Falls is providing bikes for the residents to use on the property and the Ada bike system. I would take advantage of that but just recently bought a new bike last year. What a great idea though! They are also planning on adding an enclosed dog park soon. I saw the plans for it and it is truly amazing. My dogs will think they are in heaven! As far as I am concerned, this is the closest thing to luxury when it comes to rental living!

I have been a resident of Stone Falls since November and I absolutely love it here! I have rented many apartments over the past few years and I honestly feel I am finally home. ... As far as I am concerned, this is the closest thing to luxury when it comes to rental living!

Archived