101 S. Division - Apartment renovation

GRDadof3

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pics cheshireguy! Glad to see this is still moving forward. I swear I was JUST thinking about this project two day ago, because the next funding round for MSHDA Low Income Tax Credits is August 2nd. They must feel pretty confident they will make the cut, which makes sense because I think 75% of the funding is doled out in August as opposed to the State's January lottery:

http://www.michigan.gov/mshda/0,1607,7-141...82280--,00.html

I assume it's still the Metropolitan Park Apartments developer from Midland?

Oh, and anyone else notice that Division Ave received a nice fresh coat of asphalt from Weston all the way to the Van Andel Institute? :w00t: I'll post some pics later.

Here are some shots. Sorry, just had to snag a photo of Gallery on Fulton:

2717664076_2eb6424189_b.jpg

2717667324_47f6b65f7c_b.jpg

2716853989_d30cf8c689_b.jpg

After such a horrible spring with potholes, I'm just giddy with all the road construction going on. I saw that Michigan St East of Plymouth was also being redone, which was so bad it felt like your suspension was going to give way.

I've always thought that this corridor of Division would be good with a redo of streetscape (bulb-outs, street parking, trees, and some flower boxes). It seems like there isn't a whole lot of traffic for these few blocks so the project should work out. If my assumption is wrong and it is busy, then they could at least do the center lane as tree islands. Does the DDA take on these issues?

2717667324_47f6b65f7c_b.jpg

After such a horrible spring with potholes, I'm just giddy with all the road construction going on. I saw that Michigan St East of Plymouth was also being redone, which was so bad it felt like your suspension was going to give way.

I've always thought that this corridor of Division would be good with a redo of streetscape (bulb-outs, street parking, trees, and some flower boxes). It seems like there isn't a whole lot of traffic for these few blocks so the project should work out. If my assumption is wrong and it is busy, then they could at least do the center lane as tree islands. Does the DDA take on these issues?

• 1 month later...
38 Commerce offers close, convenient parking for 101 S Division. I believe several developers were quoted as saying a parking ramp close to South Division would help get more projects in the area started. Along with Gallery on Fulton, there now will be 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Such a gorgeous building; it will really look stellar when it's all done!

2871168126_a1bf6c8bf9_b.jpg

Right now they're busy gutting things. One of the construction workers told me they've been bulldozing loads of moss/dirt/general muck out from the space that will be occupied by parking.

2870336383_c15f3dd30e_b.jpg

Dust storm as things are chucked from inside:

2870723165_d37eb7e52e_b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived