Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte_native

Ice Cream Stores

19 posts in this topic

Personal favorite -- Ben & Jerry's on Providence -- in better weather the front patio is perfect and the chocolate is extra chocolaty!

Actual favorite ice cream isn't from an Ice Cream shop though, but the homemade Red Bean Ice Cream at Japanese i -- addicting.

Personal favorite -- Ben & Jerry's on Providence -- in better weather the front patio is perfect and the chocolate is extra chocolaty!

Actual favorite ice cream isn't from an Ice Cream shop though, but the homemade Red Bean Ice Cream at Japanese i -- addicting.

Does anyone know if there are good places to get gelato in Charlotte, for the next time I'm back in town.

I'm looking forward to "Jack and Chill" in Noda. The signs have been up for about 2 months but nothing else has happened in the storefront. Other than that...over the spot where the counter will probably go, they put up a clock with their logo... oh the irony.

I am not a big fan of ice cream shops that buy it in bulk and don' t make it on the premises. I would rather make it myself or get it from a shop that actually makes their own ice cream right on the premises. There is a place in Concord that does this, but I don't remember the name now.

I am not a big fan of ice cream shops that buy it in bulk and don' t make it on the premises. I would rather make it myself or get it from a shop that actually makes their own ice cream right on the premises. There is a place in Concord that does this, but I don't remember the name now.

DO you have one of those Ice Cream makers? If so, what kind. I've always wanted one.

JR's Dairy Bar in Derita.

Cold Stone was interesting in Tokyo; they do little cheers and songs in Japanese, and since tipping isn't customary in Japan, you get it for free. Yay free singing.

Not really an ice cream store per se, but I'll take Mr. K's (on South Blvd.) soft ice cream and shakes any day of the week.

Given what I said above I would say that any of the Dairy Queens (the vintage stand alone stores) would be my favorite. The one on Central is a good example.

Hershey's has some surprisingly good ice cream for storefront shop. I will stop at the one in the Super Wal*Mart plaza off south Tryon and 485.

Although I'll buy a serving at Cold Stone once in a while, I feel like their *flavors* of ice cream are lacking. They expect you to get some mix-ins to add flavor.

Bruesters in Matthews on Trade Street has some great ice cream and seems to always have a crowd there if the weather is nice.

Cabarrus Creamery did this at one time (they stopped several years ago) when they were at their old location. They moved right downtown and now only serve ice cream they have purchased...it is still very good and a very good deal (when compared to other ice cream joints around Charlotte).

Here is their new place:

235950703_3a178a96ed.jpg

Hmmm...I didn't think of Dairy Queen. I grew up on Central and have to give that place a huge nod for being there and being a part of the area for so long...I think I'll go get a Sundae later today!

If anyone locates an ice-cream maker please post -- that would be a great addition to the house

There's a store on Elizabeth next to NoFo that's makes their own ice cream. I can't remember the name, but it's the best in Charlotte.

There's a store on Elizabeth next to NoFo that's makes their own ice cream. I can't remember the name, but it's the best in Charlotte.

Personally my favorite is Elizabeth Creamery because its close location to downtown, but now since we have the bus fumeless icecream store in downtown, I shall frequent Cold Stone Creamery in Uptown.

Does anyone know if there are good places to get gelato in Charlotte, for the next time I'm back in town.

Gotta stick with Elizabeth Creamery. Great ice cream, friendly service from the owners, and it's made right there on Elizabeth Ave. Bonus, unlike Cold Stone, the money stays in the Charlotte economy, not Phoenix, AZ. Support Local Businesses, y'all!