Ice Cream Stores

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personal favorite -- Ben & Jerry's on Providence -- in better weather the front patio is perfect and the chocolate is extra chocolaty!

Actual favorite ice cream isn't from an Ice Cream shop though, but the homemade Red Bean Ice Cream at Japanese i -- addicting.

I'm looking forward to "Jack and Chill" in Noda. The signs have been up for about 2 months but nothing else has happened in the storefront. Other than that...over the spot where the counter will probably go, they put up a clock with their logo... oh the irony.

I am not a big fan of ice cream shops that buy it in bulk and don' t make it on the premises. I would rather make it myself or get it from a shop that actually makes their own ice cream right on the premises. There is a place in Concord that does this, but I don't remember the name now.

I am not a big fan of ice cream shops that buy it in bulk and don' t make it on the premises. I would rather make it myself or get it from a shop that actually makes their own ice cream right on the premises. There is a place in Concord that does this, but I don't remember the name now.

Hershey's has some surprisingly good ice cream for storefront shop. I will stop at the one in the Super Wal*Mart plaza off south Tryon and 485.

Although I'll buy a serving at Cold Stone once in a while, I feel like their *flavors* of ice cream are lacking. They expect you to get some mix-ins to add flavor.

Cabarrus Creamery did this at one time (they stopped several years ago) when they were at their old location. They moved right downtown and now only serve ice cream they have purchased...it is still very good and a very good deal (when compared to other ice cream joints around Charlotte).

Here is their new place:

235950703_3a178a96ed.jpg

Personally my favorite is Elizabeth Creamery because its close location to downtown, but now since we have the bus fumeless icecream store in downtown, I shall frequent Cold Stone Creamery in Uptown.

Does anyone know if there are good places to get gelato in Charlotte, for the next time I'm back in town.

Archived