Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Furner

Ok, so where to get married in GR?

8 posts in this topic

My fiancee and I are having a heck of a time trying to find a place in the city that is reasonable to get married. Catholic churches arent working out for us, does anyone know of a church/chapel/open field that will simply do a wedding?

My fiancee and I are having a heck of a time trying to find a place in the city that is reasonable to get married. Catholic churches arent working out for us, does anyone know of a church/chapel/open field that will simply do a wedding?

Check out the courtyard at ICCF (old DA Blodgett Home) @ 920 Cherry. Great outdoor venue with a top notch restaraunt (The Green Well) right next door. Outdoor wedding/inside reception??

as a wedding photographer there are some places that I would recommend.

Meijer Gardens

Amway Grand Plaza

St. Cecilia Music Society

Mayflower Church on Robinson road is nice

Wealthy St. Theatre is also very cool for a wedding. I have examples on my site from there.

There are some nice places around Aquinas College

Check out some local Golf courses for big open fields.

Grand Rapids Public Museum has a grassy area for weddings.

Those are all that come to mind right now. There are some really nice cathedrals but if Catholic churches aren't working, try these places. PM me if you have any questions.

Wallinwood Springs golf course in Jenison has a nice clubhouse at the end of a tree and white picket fenced lane and is located along the river.