Greensboro Apple Store

Neo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the risk of looking like a complete fool, I would keep a look out for an announcement about the apple store over the next day or two. If the Feb 21st rumored opening date is true, then an announcement tomorrow or Saturday would fit with Apple's typical timeframe of publicizing openings a week in advance.

I agree, when the economy turns around expect some more upscale names. I think as far as restaurants go, expect a Cheesecake Factory and who knows...maybe even a Rock Bottom. The fact that Friendly has a Ruth's Steakhouse, Flemings Steakhouse/wine bar and a PF Changs, proves we can get those kind of restaurants.

I think it's quite possible. But probably not for several years at least. I would venture to guess Apple would expand into other areas first (Asheville, Wilmington perhaps). But I definitely thinks it's possible. Durham and Raleigh both have stores. The Raleigh store opened several years after the Durham store, which leads me to believe that Apple studied in store purchase data and found that the Triangle could support another store. That said, the reason the Greensboro Store was so delayed was partially due to building a larger store than originally planned, which could mean that another store in the Triad is a ways off.

All of this, however, is pure speculation from one uninformed outsider.

Archived