CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Bookends Phase II

RestedTraveler

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know when or if the Bookends Phase II is going to get underway?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been wondering that same thing... How many condos do they have to sell before they can start the other side? and does anyone know if it's going to look the exact same as the already standing side? Also, are there any tenants in the downstairs yet?-I haven't paid that much attention when driving by...

I have been wondering that same thing... How many condos do they have to sell before they can start the other side? and does anyone know if it's going to look the exact same as the already standing side? Also, are there any tenants in the downstairs yet?-I haven't paid that much attention when driving by...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The last time (a week or so ago) I checked there were not any tenants in the downstairs part. The other side will be of similiar mass, style and design, but not identical. There website use to have a rendering of both sides.

This project has not done as well as others such as Poinsett, so I think they will try to get most of the units sold before starting on phase 2. The Publix announcement should help them move the remaining units though.

They made a small parkish looking thing there with the curvy sidewalk. That makes me think that it will be a while.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was the same conclusion I arrived at on the park-like landscaping; however, I thought I'd throw the question out there anyway to see if anybody knew. :lol:

• 1 month later...

When is phase II of the Bookends project going to begin???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to Charlie Witmire, the developer, he would like to sell a few more phase one units and then begin on phase two. The product mix is uncertain at the moment , but he leaning away from office condos in favor of larger residential units. He is trying to capture the top end of that market as we have sold three of the six units at Park on Main for $900,000+ to $1.350 million. How deep is that market....time will tell.

• 1 month later...

Any idea in what timeframe the other side is supposed to be built? A couple of years?

There was some discussion of this in the forum not too long ago. The developers want to sell a few more of the units in the McBee phase before starting on the Washington St. side. According to their website, 8 units remain in that building.

I seem to remember that it was stated that the developer has to start on the Washington St. side sometime in 2006. That was part of their contract with the city.

Thanks for that bit of info, vicupstate! That means it may start much sooner than I had thought. Does everyone realize just how urbanized those two entire blocks will be once this and Main at McBee are complete? The same could be said of the BofA block once all of those proposed developments are completed. B)

• 2 months later...

I was just looking at the Bookends' website and it looks as if, assuming that everything is up-to-date, only six units remain unsold on the side that is currently complete. This could possibly mean construction soon...?... I hope so! OR actually now that I think about it, don't they have an agreement with the city that they must start before a certain time on the other side??? or did i just make that up :rolleyes: Anyway, I can't wait for another project to be complete and more residents to move downtown and into the city limits. :thumbsup:

I was just looking at the Bookends' website and it looks as if, assuming that everything is up-to-date, only six units remain unsold on the side that is currently complete. This could possibly mean construction soon...?... I hope so! OR actually now that I think about it, don't they have an agreement with the city that they must start before a certain time on the other side??? or did i just make that up :rolleyes: Anyway, I can't wait for another project to be complete and more residents to move downtown and into the city limits. :thumbsup:

There agreemant with the city (who sold them the land) is that construction will start in 2006. I'm glad to see the inventory is down to 6. It seemed to be stuck at 8 for awhile there.

I am ready to see SOMETHING start DT. Other than Riverplace and the Basepark, it has been kinda quiet for awhile. Still waiting on Camperdown, Pinnacle on Main or The BOA/Piazza Bergamo project to break the dry spell.

• 2 months later...

I don't want to steer this discussion astray, but I was looking at the Bookends website and there seems to only be 5 units left unsold, assuming it's up to date! It was stuck at 8 for a while, and then we noted it was at 6, and now only 5. Hopefully phase two will begin by year's end!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Bookends Phase 2 was approved, per the Gville News.

That article did not mention the Rhett St. project.

Evidently, there must have been changes to the Pinnacle that required a new approval from DPC.

BTW, Trey that house on Earle is looking AWESOME. I love with rendering. Big thumbs up :thumbsup:

Archived