CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Bookends Phase II

RestedTraveler

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought there was a Bookends thread, but I've searched to no success. So, here's what I've got

The Bookends has updated their website. It's so much easier to navigate now and it looks a whole lot better.

It says that ONLY 2 condominiums still remain unsold. :thumbsup: Out of curiousity, are they starting the phase 2 because they have almost sold out on phase one, or because their contract with the city requires them to? Anyone know?

Check it out:

www.bookends.us

I thought there was a Bookends thread, but I've searched to no success. So, here's what I've got

The Bookends has updated their website. It's so much easier to navigate now and it looks a whole lot better.

It says that ONLY 2 condominiums still remain unsold. :thumbsup: Out of curiousity, are they starting the phase 2 because they have almost sold out on phase one, or because their contract with the city requires them to? Anyone know?

Check it out:

www.bookends.us

The contract with the city does require them to start work by Jan 1. They no doubt would have started even sooner if they had sold out Phase 1. The recent slow down in the housing market has affected this project, but not negatively enough to prevent moving forward on phase 2.

The contract with the city does require them to start work by Jan 1. They no doubt would have started even sooner if they had sold out Phase 1. The recent slow down in the housing market has affected this project, but not negatively enough to prevent moving forward on phase 2.

The majority of people that I have shown these condos to have been people looking to retire. The fact that the units in the Bookends are mostly, if not all, 2 story has been THE major issue for the buyers. I hope that the design for phase 2 will incorporate more units with no stairs.

The majority of people that I have shown these condos to have been people looking to retire. The fact that the units in the Bookends are mostly, if not all, 2 story has been THE major issue for the buyers. I hope that the design for phase 2 will incorporate more units with no stairs.

Hopefully, the developer has gotten this feedback as well.

There has been a rendering posted BTW, it should be SOMEWHERE in this forum. There are fewer residential units in this phase BTW.

Right. I've seen that, but I have a feeling that it will look nothing like that. It was a competition to build this garage and I have a feeling that that was just an entry or VERY conceptual.

• 3 weeks later...

The developer hopes to begin construction by May. :thumbsup:

Also, these will all be one story units. (I said before that the 2 story units on the McBee side have not exactly flown off the shelf) For those of you looking for a more affordable condo downtown, this will NOT be it. These will be offered at a higher price point and have higher end finishes than phase 1.

The new Bookends looks really cool, although I was expecting something similar to the one that exists now with the different facades.

I was, too, which I really like. But, this facade will go excellently with Wachovia Place, which is to the right. It also is gray block and red brick. :)

Given the previous rendering that we had seen of Bookends II, I wasn't expecting it to be identical to Bookends I, myself. The rendering that someone had posted here several months back looked totally different. This new rendering, at least, looks a little closer to what I had originally expected. I think it's actually kinda cool that there are two different sides to this coin. This isn't a first for Greenville, either. Take a gander at both sides of the Poinsett Plaza Parking Deck some time. :shades:

Given the previous rendering that we had seen of Bookends II, I wasn't expecting it to be identical to Bookends I, myself. The rendering that someone had posted here several months back looked totally different. This new rendering, at least, looks a little closer to what I had originally expected. I think it's actually kinda cool that there are two different sides to this coin. This isn't a first for Greenville, either. Take a gander at both sides of the Poinsett Plaza Parking Deck some time. :shades:

I posted the previous rendering of The Bookends-Phase II somewhere around here quite awhile back.

If you look closely, you'll see that all three sides of the Poinsett Plaza Parking Deck are different. Each side is designed specifically to mesh with its surroundings.

Is pricing on Bookends Phase II similar to the first phase? These look to all be one story units, so I would think pricing could be lower. Any info?

They are getting the final floorplans this week. Pricing should be set by the last week of the year. From my conversation with the listing agent, they will be priced at a higher price/sq. ft than phase 1. She said that the finishes will be nicer than phase 1. I'll let you know as soon as I get a list.

• 1 month later...

The parking lot at the intersection of Washington and Spring Streets across Spring Street from the Bookends phase 2 site and behind the NBSC building has metal fencing going all around it with several construction vehicles on site including bulldozers and graders. There is also a construction trailer on site too. It looks like something big is about to happen on the site or near it. Does anybody know what this is and is it related to the Peacock Hotel and Spa or Bookends phase 2 construction? Drive by the site to see what i'm talking about.

Archived