CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Bookends Phase II

RestedTraveler

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

2 weeks and no activity, anyone know when/if construction is to begin?

Very soon. They're currently surveying the site. Development agreement will be approved at next city council meeting. It had to be changed and re-approved due to a relocation of the electrical transformer slated to be put on site after the building's completion.

I like the wrapping they put on the construction fence for "100 east". It shows images and lists the amenities, etc. Nice touch from a quality, local developer!

The last tree on the site has been removed. They're going to need to move the construction fencing OFF the site if they plan to do some serious work :whistling: . As of lunch time, it was sitting on grass :P .

Let's see some cranes, people!

I have some “inside scoop” so I can provide a brief update:

Apparently the contractor is still waiting on their encroachment permit from SCDOT to extend the construction fence to the curb, which was expected on Monday (after Fall for Greenville). They can’t proceed with their site work until this is received as they have to get some heavy equipment in there and currently don’t have enough space to work. I have no idea when they should expect this as the DOT is apparently behind schedule. I have been told the project should still be completed in July 2012 barring no major delays.

No balconies? :blink:

I think there were a couple reasons for them not building balconies:

Next time you are on the Church Street Bridge (or Broad Street) take a look at the balconies in the back of McBee Station. Some of them are nicely decorated, however most are not and look cluttered (for lack of a better term). This project is in a pretty high profile location so I think it benefits everyone from an aesthetic standpoint by not having to look up at bicycles, grills, towels, plants, coolers etc. I also think it provides for neater looking architecture. Just my opinion though.

I’ve been told there will be a private elevator taking tenants to the roof deck which will have a large area for entertaining with outdoor furniture along with a pool and outdoor kitchen (gas grills etc.). So while they dont have a balcony off their living room, tenants will have a pretty cool place to hang out a short walk away.

^^ Thanks for the updates!

While balconies can sometimes look cluttered, I don't mind them appearing to be occupied. I, personally, think it CAN add to the vibrancy of the area. However, maybe this is where a difference between condos and apartments are drawn? As, I don't think Riverplace balconies, the Fieldhouse, McBee Station CONDOS, or Poinsett Corners fall under the description you describe (though, even some of those units are rented from owners). Who knows!? I'm so glad to see this project moving forward!

I agree that it would add to the vibrancy of the area but I do think there is a difference between the product type and the resident profile in terms of how the balconies are furnished and kept up in condo vs. apartment projects. I think you are correct in your reasoning as this is going to be a higher end for rent product ( I don't think college kids are going to be leaving kegs on the balconies anytime soon). I think either way works.

I hope we see some progress soon!

( I don't think college kids are going to be leaving kegs on the balconies anytime soon).

:lol: Yes, compared to what I've seen in college towns, we have nothing to worry about with these units. I like the composition of the building and look forward to it being a built part of the cityscape.

In reading the Greenville News this morning I noticed that a Staff Writer wrote:

The development, 100 East, which is a block off Main Street at the corner of Washington and Spring Streets, will feature retail on the ground floor, seven floors of apartments and a rooftop pool within close reach of the sidewalk.

I really don't think they did their research. H#$*! all they had to do is look at the sign on the street. But thats the Greenville News for ya.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to wonder if there IS any more information. I've never seen a more vague website.

No prices. No floor plans or hints of what the interiors will be like. Not even a link to or mention of the developer?

Has anyone heard anything concrete about prices?

I'm starting to wonder if there IS any more information. I've never seen a more vague website. http://100east.net/

No prices. No floor plans or hints of what the interiors will be like. Not even a link to or mention of the developer?

Has anyone heard anything concrete about prices?

This is the best info I could find so far: http://www.gsabusiness.com/news/41355-davis-property-group-breaks-ground-on-mixed-used-building-downtown?rss=0 I'm sure more will come out at a later date.

If you register your email address or call the phone number on the website a leasing representative will respond with detailed information. The current website is just a landing page and I would expect a more detailed website with floor plans will be completed shortly. Rents are not set yet as the project is 9 months from completion and ultimately the state of the market closer to that time will determine the rental rates. The leasing representative did say that they expect rents to start around $950 per month, which is inline with McBee Station.

Archived