Summertime and the city nightlife

Maybe it's just me, but even in this crappy economy, it seems more and more people are visiting our downtown. Last night I took a friend to see Mama Mia at Devos Hall and after we hit Bistro Bella Vita for late bite to eat. Now granted, Neal Diamond was at the Van Andel so there were additional crowds in town for that, but it seemed that every establishment we went past was hopping. After Bella Vita, we went over to Ionia St. for a nite-cap and once again, there were people everywhere and this was after midnight. So is downtown truly getting busier or was it more likely because it was an event night at the arena, so it just seemed that way?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

theres charleys crab........ but I sometimes think the same thing... Lansing has a nice riverwalk and there is a place that looks like it might have closed but it has a dock type deck overhang along the river. I would like to see a "chill bar" like Zs, or the woods with a nice size and unique deck on the river

Archived