Help finding a good bar/beer house

This has seemed like an impossible mission so far. What I am looking for is this combination:

1. Good beer selection (microbrews, beers from around the world, etc.)

2. Dart boards at a minimum, billiards or other games are nice

3. Smoke free

So far the best 2 places that I've found are Hopcat (smoking upstairs but that doesn't bother me downstairs, they close off the dart boards when it gets busy leaving me bored while drinking beer) and Graydon's Crossing (smoke gets thick but they have the best dart boards in town and a good beer selection). Hopefully a place exists in Grand Rapids, while I like going to the bar I don't like to smell like one when leaving. Any thoughts?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has seemed like an impossible mission so far. What I am looking for is this combination:

3. Smoke free

So far the best 2 places that I've found are Hopcat (smoking upstairs but that doesn't bother me downstairs, they close off the dart boards when it gets busy leaving me bored while drinking beer) and Graydon's Crossing (smoke gets thick but they have the best dart boards in town and a good beer selection). Hopefully a place exists in Grand Rapids, while I like going to the bar I don't like to smell like one when leaving. Any thoughts?

3. Smoke free

I have heard through our grapevine that the new restaurant/bar coming soon at 1115 Taylor will have an abundance of games (I imagine darts/pool/etc.) and a huge selection of brews, but haven't heard from anyone on a smoking preference.... anyone have any word on that yet?

Generally, I go out on Friday or Saturday night for a beer which is why Hopcat doesn't work since they block the boards. Founder's board is in bad condition and is usually blocked by tables. Logan's Alley was decent but the smoke was among the worst of the good beer bars. NHBC is a bit far but is a great place. I'm really not trying to be picky! Will need to check out Graydon's, though. It sounds promising.

Please keep the places coming, it is appreciated!

I have heard through our grapevine that the new restaurant/bar coming soon at 1115 Taylor will have an abundance of games (I imagine darts/pool/etc.) and a huge selection of brews, but haven't heard from anyone on a smoking preference.... anyone have any word on that yet?

Archived