White Marsh Mall

blburton

With Boscovs pulling out of White Marsh due to bankruptcy, and multiple other anchors leaving or swapping in it's 27 year lifetime, what's next? As one of the largest malls in the Baltimore metro in an area that, demographically (economically and population density-wise), can keep this mall alive, what are your thoughts about this mall? Redevelopment as lifestyle center? Demolition and rebuilding? Adding more residential or transit alternatives closer to the mall? Transitioning retailers and anchors to attract a more upscale clientele? No changes?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the Boscov's space will ever be a department store again. I can imagine that significant sections of this mall will be rebuilt and repositioned at some point, but I can't see a complete rebuild as a lifestyle center. It's not a good return on investment to tear down a basically successful mall to build the same thing back without a roof.

• 2 months later...

Archived