Fox Run Mall, Glastonbury

JayCT

Now that Whole Foods is open and work has begun on the final phase (Peoples United Bank Building), I was wondering if anyone else here has an opinion on the renovation of the Fox Run Mall in Glastonbury Center. Personally I think the Whole Foods looks pretty good but the renovation done on the attached retail to me looks cheap. The fake roof with asphalt shingles, the cheap plastic siding and even cheaper looking plastic shutters are just aweful. What were they thinking? It looks pretty cheesy to me particularly for what was touted as a premium renovation to a key downtown property. They took out much of the large planting beds in front of the stores and replaced it with a slab of concrete. It all makes me long for the original 70's fake mansard roof and brick trim of the original center. A few friends and coworkers feel this way too. Anyone else feel this way? Jay

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that Whole Foods is open and work has begun on the final phase (Peoples United Bank Building), I was wondering if anyone else here has an opinion on the renovation of the Fox Run Mall in Glastonbury Center. Personally I think the Whole Foods looks pretty good but the renovation done on the attached retail to me looks cheap. The fake roof with asphalt shingles, the cheap plastic siding and even cheaper looking plastic shutters are just aweful. What were they thinking? It looks pretty cheesy to me particularly for what was touted as a premium renovation to a key downtown property. They took out much of the large planting beds in front of the stores and replaced it with a slab of concrete. It all makes me long for the original 70's fake mansard roof and brick trim of the original center. A few friends and coworkers feel this way too. Anyone else feel this way? Jay

Archived