No real drag strips

satalac

does anyone know why nashville doesn't have a true 1/4 mile drag strip? there are several 1/8 mile ones, but they just don't seem to cut it. it's kind of strange that there isn't one considering where we are. i believe it would do rather well. just look at the friday night drags at the super speedway. another thing i would love to see is a race facility like barber motorsports in birmingham in nashville.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Indy car race being pulled from the Nashville speedway, you may see a track open up there. These are the same owners of the track in Bristol I think, and they have a drag strip there that I believe is a 1/4 mile. I dont know that to be a fact as I am not a fan of racing, but they will need to add some events here to fill the gap left.

i'm not really a fan of watching drag racing or nascar either, but i would like to have a place where you could race your own cars on the 1/4 mile. i agree that dover does need something to help draw more people to their superspeedway. they do have a 1/4 mile in bristol and if you look at the superspeedway in gladeville you'll actually see a spot that would be perfect for one. i remember reading in the tennessean a little while back about the friday drags and lack of 1/4 mile tack at their facilities. dover said they could build one there but simply didn't have it in the near future. granted, that was before indy pulled out.

Archived