Hotel on Beale St.

memp600

Go to the link below to get the full story. News Channel 5 is reporting that local businessman Joe Cooper and Jerry "The King" Lawler want to turn Pat O'Briens, which closed down, into a five story hotel with balconies that overlook the street. Sounds pretty cool. It will suck to lose a bar like that but this could turn out to be better.

Visit My Website

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how a 5-story hotel directly on Beale would interact with the street activity, as to me it would somewhat out of place with the street's character. A suppose its a mute point now anyway as its DOA, which is a shame as I would like to have seen how they planned to incorporate the project into the streetscape, which could have sold me more on the hotel.

Not sure how a 5-story hotel directly on Beale would interact with the street activity, as to me it would somewhat out of place with the street's character. A suppose its a mute point now anyway as its DOA, which is a shame as I would like to have seen how they planned to incorporate the project into the streetscape, which could have sold me more on the hotel.

Archived