Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

memp600

Hotel on Beale St.

8 posts in this topic

Go to the link below to get the full story. News Channel 5 is reporting that local businessman Joe Cooper and Jerry "The King" Lawler want to turn Pat O'Briens, which closed down, into a five story hotel with balconies that overlook the street. Sounds pretty cool. It will suck to lose a bar like that but this could turn out to be better.

Visit My Website

It sounds like a great idea, and I hope it goes through well. But, something about Joe Cooper being involved leaves me skeptical. It could be big for Beale St., and I'm anxious to see it develop.

Not sure how a 5-story hotel directly on Beale would interact with the street activity, as to me it would somewhat out of place with the street's character. A suppose its a mute point now anyway as its DOA, which is a shame as I would like to have seen how they planned to incorporate the project into the streetscape, which could have sold me more on the hotel.

Not sure how a 5-story hotel directly on Beale would interact with the street activity, as to me it would somewhat out of place with the street's character. A suppose its a mute point now anyway as its DOA, which is a shame as I would like to have seen how they planned to incorporate the project into the streetscape, which could have sold me more on the hotel.

^ Good point. I hadn't really thought about that being there, which illustrates the lack of impact.