Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bossmanbill

10 Bells Bar & Grill

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what is going on at 10 Bells on Alpine? The building has been vacant for almost 2 years and suddenly this last week renovation started happening. No signs have been posted.

About a year ago, it was rumored that it was owned by the Grand Rapids Police and that they would turn it into a club for them to use or something like that. Don't know if that's what it's going to be or if it's going to be something else.

I believe, as a public drinking establishment, it can't be used for police business because of MLCC code. Police officers or anyone with law enforcement powers cannot hold a liquor license, since they're the same power that enforces liquor codes and laws.

I was informed that the liquor license and furnishings were recently auctioned by a private party, similiar to the auction held at the Sierra Room before Hopcat took over its location on Ionia. As for the property, I am unsure if this was also sold.

FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE LODGE 97 currently owns the property. They bought it last august. So I guess they have everything in order. Since it isnt listed on the current properties for sale site, I do believe they have something in the works. Just go to the police headquarters and ask around.

I looked in the windows of the front door the other night, it's just a big construction mess inside. Outside looks horrible. I hope they are also planning on major exterior work as well.

Nope, the county gets those. But I do believe it was a regular purchase I would have to go back and look. But I do not believe it was a SD, thats sheriff Deed.