Two new businesses for Midtown/Uptown

GRDadof3

The Planning Commission is looking at two proposals for new businesses in Uptown: one for a firm called Fulton Group on East Fulton, which is seeking to turn a home right next to the business district into offices, and the other for a new wine bar and Tapas-style restaurant proposed for Cherry St West of the Spectrum Health Child Development Center (to be vacated soon).

The restaurant:

) will include 46 indoor seats, and 16 outdoor seats on a new front patio.

) is seeking a Class C liquor license

) will be non-smoking :thumbsup:

) will be LEED Certified

) will be accessible from Cherry St and Lake Dr

Here's a little before and after:

2752682501_d67fc30244_o.jpg

And a little before and after for the Fulton Group's (property mgmt) proposed office on East Fulton:

2753516184_7e4861a05e_o.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both neat projects - Cherry Street is so hopping right now! Another restaturant in the mix right there will be great! The overgrown planter must be pretty large, unless they're going to somehow do a patio on the side of the building? Anyone know the address of the Fulton Group property? Looks familiar, but I can't place it. Google maps doesn't want to work for me right now.

*fish

Both neat projects - Cherry Street is so hopping right now! Another restaturant in the mix right there will be great! The overgrown planter must be pretty large, unless they're going to somehow do a patio on the side of the building? Anyone know the address of the Fulton Group property? Looks familiar, but I can't place it. Google maps doesn't want to work for me right now.

*fish

*fish

That building on Cherry had a little For Sale sign in the window with a telephone number. My wife called the number to get info when we saw it because she has a client looking for a building in that area. They told her that within the week they put that sign up, they had three offers. Yep, it's a hot area! =)

Aha - know exactly where the East Fulton buliding is now. Thanks! It's a couple doors down from where From the Heart Yoga has been for years, but they'll miss getting new neighbors, since I heard they're moving to a space on Wealthy Street (?). Can't find details to confirm that though.

*fish

P.S. Thanks, GRDad for posting the restaurant floor plan!

Aha - know exactly where the East Fulton buliding is now. Thanks! It's a couple doors down from where From the Heart Yoga has been for years, but they'll miss getting new neighbors, since I heard they're moving to a space on Wealthy Street (?). Can't find details to confirm that though....

• 2 weeks later...

Three MORE new businesses for the Uptown and East Hills area:

Lott3Metz and Highland Group to renovate and occupy 645 Cherry St

This is that one lone modern building on Cherry mixed in with a bunch of homes, on the North side of the street. I think it used to be a real estate office or investment firm? Highland Group is moving from the Watermark Country Club area in Cascade to this new office. Lott3Metz is leaving their cramped space on Oakes St SW.

And

The West Michigan Strategic Alliance is moving from GVSU into 959 Wealthy

Same building as Bazzani.

• 2 months later...
This project seems to be coming along fairly quick. I drive by it almost everyday and the front door (on Cherry St) is always open with people working inside.

The plants in the front planter are gone however I have not noticed any work on making that area into a patio. Did they cut that out or is just waiting to get worked on?

Any other news to be told?

Anyway, its lookin' good.

This project seems to be coming along fairly quick. I drive by it almost everyday and the front door (on Cherry St) is always open with people working inside.

The plants in the front planter are gone however I have not noticed any work on making that area into a patio. Did they cut that out or is just waiting to get worked on?

Any other news to be told?

Anyway, its lookin' good.

Riding my bike around the neighborhood last Tuesday, Nov. 4, I chatted up a worker there. He said it HAD to be open for the holidays (mid December?). I'd guess that the patio work can wait.

From there, I cruised Wealthy and admired Brick Road Pizza, which looks like it might be already open (soft opening?), Winchester on Wealthy and Electric Cheetah. Looks like Fusion is ready to move too.

Three MORE new businesses for the Uptown and East Hills area:

Lott3Metz and Highland Group to renovate and occupy 645 Cherry St

This is that one lone modern building on Cherry mixed in with a bunch of homes, on the North side of the street. I think it used to be a real estate office or investment firm? Highland Group is moving from the Watermark Country Club area in Cascade to this new office. Lott3Metz is leaving their cramped space on Oakes St SW.

• 2 weeks later...

When Amy and I stopped into Corez on Thursday at the Holiday Hop, the guy I talked to said they were planning to open in early January and he mentioned they might be having a New Year's Eve party. So, if that's something you might be interested in, keep an eye out.

Archived