Back in Charlotte

hueion39

So, I've been away at grad school for the past 20 months... left New Year's Eve '06. I'll be back in Charlotte at the end of the month for Labor Day weekend. I lived uptown for 3 yrs before my venture back to school.

What is new that I should see? New restaurants, bars, shopping, etc?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, I've been away at grad school for the past 20 months... left New Year's Eve '06. I'll be back in Charlotte at the end of the month for Labor Day weekend. I lived uptown for 3 yrs before my venture back to school.

What is new that I should see? New restaurants, bars, shopping, etc?

Definitely take the light rail from end to end, it's probably the biggest change in the recent city, including everything that can be seen from it. It gives a new perspective on Charlotte. Secondly, I'd recommend checking out the Whitewater Center. It's a lot of fun although pricey. Between S. Tryon and S. Chuch, that portion of uptown (Wachovia Campus and Catalyst) has completely changed.

You only need one Mexican restaurant: Azteca on Woodlawn. Take the train there.

But new Indian - Copper on East Blvd. I prefer more traditional Indian, but Copper is worth a try.

And oh, the Italian restaurant on Brevard across from Courtside is SO close to being open that I can almost smell the marinara. Sooooooo, close!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived