Could the Reedy River Falls stop flowing?

Galley

I ride bike through Falls Park several times a week. I have noticed that the Falls lately are nothing but a trickle for the most part. I was browsing through some photos from Dec. of 2006, and the Falls look as they should. If this drought worsens, could the falls stop flowing due to the river drying up? :cry:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem the springs would keep enough water in the Reedy to keep the trickle going over the falls, but I'm ready for much more than a trickle. The drought over Upstate is getting serious. I was at Lake Hartwell this weekend and some of my friends who are longtime Upstate residents said Hartwell is the lowest they have seen in tens of years. It's started to become risky to be in any part of the lake other than the channels, due to hidden obstacles.

We need some serious rain......a couple of weeks of daily, slow, ground soaking rain to bring the falls back to a roar.

I can't imagine that the falls would actually stop. In order for that to happen you'd have to have no water at all coming down the creek. It could conceivably slow to just a trickle though. We DO need a nice tropical storm system to blow through across the entire Upstate.

• 2 weeks later...
I ride bike through Falls Park several times a week. I have noticed that the Falls lately are nothing but a trickle for the most part. I was browsing through some photos from Dec. of 2006, and the Falls look as they should. If this drought worsens, could the falls stop flowing due to the river drying up? :cry:

Archived