Crossroad Commons

Sonrise

This is a new shopping center and from the renderings looks "lifetsyle centeresque". The drawings look really nice, sadly I didn't take pics. This is on two corners of Brushy Creek/Buncombe. One corner is an 8 acre parcel the other is 20, I might be off on those #'s. Anyway this is really close to the brand new Greer Memorial Hospital (which is absolutely gorgeous by the way) and right between 14/85 and Wade Hampton/101; a very good location hitting both Greer and the Thornblade/Pelham Road area. Anyone know any more about this development?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it is similar to the new Market Commons in Myrtle Beach (MB) or the Village at Sandhill in Columbia. Those are two outstanding developments, first class in every way. It's too bad no one knows about the one in MB. We visited there last week and the place was almost deserted.

Not sure, but I'm guessing Crossroads will be more of a typical strip center. With Magnolia Park getting the high end stores (Greenville's version of Market Commons in MB, but with stores unique to SC) and Dillard Creek getting the popular mid market stores, I'm not sure how Crossroads could pull in much unique retail. Check out this website for Carolina Holdings....scroll down a bit. Is this the center?

http://www.choldings.com/chilease.html

Not sure, but I'm guessing Crossroads will be more of a typical strip center. With Magnolia Park getting the high end stores (Greenville's version of Market Commons in MB, but with stores unique to SC) and Dillard Creek getting the popular mid market stores, I'm not sure how Crossroads could pull in much unique retail. Check out this website for Carolina Holdings....scroll down a bit. Is this the center?

http://www.choldings.com/chilease.html

No, that's not it. That location is a more in the middle of nowhere and is called Crossroads Plaza. The area I'm talking about is right @ the intersection of Brushy Creek Rd. and Buncombe, about a mile from the brand new Greer Memorial Hospital in one direction and a mile from a brand new couple hundred apartment complex in the other. Ironically enough, if you scroll down the page to the link you provided they did have a Crossroad Commons in Columbia, same name different city. Weird.

I drove by there again today on my way home from the airport. It's called Century Crossing and the renderings look really nice. It doesn't look like your average strip mall by any stretch, looks very much like a "lifestyle center", alas we all know that renderings do not a development make, so we'll wait and see. Again, I didn't have my camera with me, DOH!

I really think that Buncombe Rd. from 14 to Wade Hampton has a lot of potential, and the new Greer Memorial Hospital is a great start. My wife and I were talking the other day and we can't believe that Greer/Wade Hampton Blvd. Doesn't even have a Ross, Marshalls, Linen n Things, etc. Copper River has done gangbusters since they opened up there.

I drove by there again today on my way home from the airport. It's called Century Crossing and the renderings look really nice. It doesn't look like your average strip mall by any stretch, looks very much like a "lifestyle center", alas we all know that renderings do not a development make, so we'll wait and see. Again, I didn't have my camera with me, DOH!

I really think that Buncombe Rd. from 14 to Wade Hampton has a lot of potential, and the new Greer Memorial Hospital is a great start. My wife and I were talking the other day and we can't believe that Greer/Wade Hampton Blvd. Doesn't even have a Ross, Marshalls, Linen n Things, etc. Copper River has done gangbusters since they opened up there.

• 10 months later...

Archived