Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nashscan

Help me plan an urban wedding

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys -

I recently asked the woman of my dreams to marry me, and she said yes! We're exploring different venues to have our wedding, and we've talked about an urban setting. It's going to be March 28, 2009. My fiance and I have talked about the Music City Star station downtown or maybe the SSPB. Does anyone have any ideas for a nice early spring urban wedding? If it was on metro or state property, how would I go about reserving a place, and is there a fee?

Any insight or ideas would be helpful. We're also considering other options like Cheekwood or the Downtown Presbyterian Church.

-Preston

just how "urban" do you wanna get? :P but seriously, congrats!!!! i'll be thinking about some ideas. i can't guarantee anything good though. haha.

hey man, congrats on the wedding!! good luck planning it. i know when i did mine, it took so much time...so how urban did you want to get?

It's ultimately up to my finace, as this is really her department, but we were thinking of somewhere between a downtown church and the intersection of 2nd and Broad.

The sanctuary of the Downtown Presbyterian Church is pretty special. I would give that some serious consideration.

My boss recently got married at Union Station Hotel.. which I thought was a pretty unique and urban place.. not to mention somethin that will more than likely be around for ages.

On that note.. the front of the Schermerhorn symphony center would be pretty cool as well.. and supposedly that place was built to last 300+ years.

We are leaning towards Union Station. We both love urban things, and I LOVE trains. In front of Schermerhorn sounds lovely as well, but we'll see! Our honeymoon will consist of taking Amtrak's Southwest Chief from Chicago to L.A. The rest of our honeymoon is a secret. Ashley lurks on these boards. :P

I, myself, have never been inside Union Station (boss's wedding was family only), but from what I hear it's gorgeous.. and their pictures are pretty awesome too.. the hotel makes for a nice background :)

Very interesting honeymoon as well! Good luck!