Help me plan an urban wedding

nashscan

Hi guys -

I recently asked the woman of my dreams to marry me, and she said yes! We're exploring different venues to have our wedding, and we've talked about an urban setting. It's going to be March 28, 2009. My fiance and I have talked about the Music City Star station downtown or maybe the SSPB. Does anyone have any ideas for a nice early spring urban wedding? If it was on metro or state property, how would I go about reserving a place, and is there a fee?

Any insight or ideas would be helpful. We're also considering other options like Cheekwood or the Downtown Presbyterian Church.

-Preston

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My boss recently got married at Union Station Hotel.. which I thought was a pretty unique and urban place.. not to mention somethin that will more than likely be around for ages.

On that note.. the front of the Schermerhorn symphony center would be pretty cool as well.. and supposedly that place was built to last 300+ years.

We are leaning towards Union Station. We both love urban things, and I LOVE trains. In front of Schermerhorn sounds lovely as well, but we'll see! Our honeymoon will consist of taking Amtrak's Southwest Chief from Chicago to L.A. The rest of our honeymoon is a secret. Ashley lurks on these boards. :P

I, myself, have never been inside Union Station (boss's wedding was family only), but from what I hear it's gorgeous.. and their pictures are pretty awesome too.. the hotel makes for a nice background :)

Very interesting honeymoon as well! Good luck!

Archived