At the Gas Pump

An interesting article in the G'ville News today about ethanol added to gas.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....ONTPAGECAROUSEL

I've suspected that I've had worse gas mileage in recent times, especially when I know there is more ethanol added into the gas. The article mentions the Red Robin gas stations as having pure gas. Does anyone here know of any others around town that offer pure gas? I'd like to try using pure gas for awhile and see what happens. I'd like to avoid Woodruff road to get it, since the savings might be lost in the traffic jams <_<

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've suspected that I've had worse gas mileage in recent times, especially when I know there is more ethanol added into the gas. The article mentions the Red Robin gas stations as having pure gas. Does anyone here know of any others around town that offer pure gas? I'd like to try using pure gas for awhile and see what happens. I'd like to avoid Woodruff road to get it, since the savings might be lost in the traffic jams <_<

• 1 month later...

The Fast Pay Chevron behind the Red Lobster is ethanol free. Please personally take the time to thank the owners of stations that don't use ethanol. By the way, the Dodge's store in Taylors had unleaded priced at $3.01 a gallon. Of course, the lines are at least a 1/2 mile long waiting to get that crap. I suspect they use their left off fried chicken grease as an additive. There was a very heavy smell of fried chicken in the air around that area all day.

As a follow-up to this, I ran my Honda Odyssey until just about bone dry with the ethanol-mixed gas I had in it. I filled up with the ethanol-free gas from that station on Piney Mtn. Rd. I ended up getting just as bad or worse mileage with that tank of ethanol-free gas. Perhaps I should have tested it with a few tank fill-ups back-to-back, but my initial test run on the ethanol-free didn't help my mileage at all. If I'm going to pay more for "better" gas, I want some results on the mileage. Any other experiences? Should I be doing something else in this "test"?

Archived