Wilson County Town Center Project

jice

This is at Beckwith Rd, which is exit 229 I think.. one exit past the Mt Juliet exit, where Providence is. Correct me if i'm wrong.

From the Nashville Biz Journal ....

A massive new development -- the size and scope of Providence with office space -- is proposed for the Beckwith Road and Interstate 40 interchange in Wilson County.

Preliminary plans submitted by the developer CRK Real Estate to three jurisdictions would bring a 523-acre project that includes a town center, village retail area, commercial district with office space, apartments and single family and townhome living to Wilson County. The project also has a large city park component, which includes an amphitheater, community gardens and ball fields.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this looks to be another big project for Wilson County. How does everyone see this affecting the area and region? Specifically, will this help issues such as the need for better transportation (bolster the need for this leg of the STAR) and/or hurt Davidson County with more sprawl and competition?

Wow, this looks to be another big project for Wilson County. How does everyone see this affecting the area and region? Specifically, will this help issues such as the need for better transportation (bolster the need for this leg of the STAR) and/or hurt Davidson County with more sprawl and competition?

Yeah, I kind of had the same thinking when I was asking the question. Helps with controlling or encouraging development near the RR, but at the same time Wilson County may get a relocation Davidson could have had. This is why I think Nashville and the region should regionalize (new word?). That way we could benefit from smart growth and everyone benefits as a whole from relocations. I hate to say it sometimes, but I am glad Nissan is in Cool Springs (i.e. Middle TN) in stead of somewhere else, except Nashville of course.

Archived